440 duster. Need engine build advice

-
I will grab the pics of the pistons in a little bit. How long does it take to get the bugs worked out?

With this model not very long,front end was good and rear was perfect,just a little boring and stroking,opened up the intake,already had great heads,rips outa the hole like a rocket and hooks and bangs thru the gears like a pro and after the ride and the smoke clears takes me a few minutes to see again,took some getting used to being strapped in but its a hell of a ride....had her about 13 yrs and not so much as a gasket leak...or a backfire from the carb...lmao.....boy I'm in for it now....

I was messing around with this demon carb. The linkage hits on the drivers side of the intake. What is a good van spacer for the demon carb? Just looking to get a little space. I don't want to trim the manifold. What do some of you guys run? I will get pics on here ASAP. Thanks again fellas -Billy

I was messing around with this demon carb. The linkage hits on the drivers side of the intake. What is a good van spacer for the demon carb? Just looking to get a little space. I don't want to trim the manifold. What do some of you guys run? I will get pics on here ASAP. Thanks again fellas -Billy

HVH super sucker and it's worth 10-12 hp and torque bolt on

HVH super sucker and it's worth 10-12 hp and torque bolt on

Are they worth the money or is there a little cheaper route? This isn't a high end build anymore lol. I'm saving the hp block for that. What other spacers are available?

We have a for sale..for trade..and wanted forums that can get you what you want and save alot of time and money for the most part...focus on a plan and discard what you aint gonna use versus what you need to acheive your plan,lots of people here that will help and there are many parts that are available...

Holy smokes. I may have found one of the hvh spacers here in the for sale forum. Hopefully seller goes back to me soon. One more question. I'd this crank is internally balanced do you think it is necessary for the cast style damper and torque converter.? If it is necessary I'm going to order one today. Thanks again guys-Billy

If it's already balanced you dont need the cast crank one[balancer] you must determine that 1st before you buy..along with convertor and or flexplate...

Try some more pics lol

Attachments

• 20140318_064443.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 116
  • 20140318_064458.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 20140318_064522.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 20140318_064530.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 119
  • 20140318_064558.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 130
What carb was this intake ported for? Have any ideas? Is done really well. But I'm just going to open the entire top and hopefully get this hvh spacer. Good or bad idea to open the top of the intake uniformly all the way around?

What carb was this intake ported for? Have any ideas? Is done really well. But I'm just going to open the entire top and hopefully get this hvh spacer. Good or bad idea to open the top of the intake uniformly all the way around?

The odd shape is for a Thermoquad or Holley Spreadbore. Don't worry about reshaping the plenum for your build. Just bolt the spacer and your carburetor right down.

If one was to modify the plenum, you would weld it up and reshape it for the 4150 style carburetor.

Do you mean weld where they used the grinder to remove the metal? Like where the throats open into?

I would weld up the plenum opening (right under the carburetor) and reshape it smaller like this.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-2954/overview/

Just get a 4150 carburetor to manifold gasket and lay it on top of the M1 and you will see what I mean.

But, billyb, it isn't neccessary for your build. Only under the most extreme racing circumstances when you must use the single plane M1 should you do it. I have tested the stock M1 with a spacer on it and it works fine.

Ah. I see what you're talking about. I wasn't ready for that kind of fabrication this early in the build lol. But now I'm a little on hold with it. I injured my hand at work. Torn ulnar collateral ligament on my thumb. Find out Tuesday if surgery is needed. Either way the car will be running and driving by May. Time to get my old man involved in this one lol. And since the car is auto I should have no issue driving it.

-
Back