440RB INDY DUEL PLANE OR RPM INTAKE HELP

-
Hi
Boy do things change with me
I started with a smooth out on the heads and ended up porting them, raising the roof .040"
and opening the cross section oh so slightly.
I ended up with the M1 intake that was welded up from a spread bore into a square bore flange and blended.
I had the ports matched professionally and a fair bit was removed from the intake.
Heads and intake will get bolted down in the next week and ill book in the dyno.
Has anybody seen a stroker with trick flow heads and small cam peak over 5500rpm.
I'm hoping to see 5700rpm but i could be dreaming.
Here are some pics

IMG_9277.JPG

IMG_9301.JPG

IMG_9208.JPG

It's going to peak before 6,000 rpm, but it will pull good beyond just because the heads and intake will keep the airflow up.

TO the OP, I've run both of those intakes. The RPM is far superior. Muscle motors I believe did testing on both and the indy one has major flow issues. I sw this test years after I used the first one. It gave me some tuning assaches and it left power on the table.

The RPm isn't restrictive either. It works well and I would go with one all day over anything but a vitor, which isn't needed in many cases.
All interesting info. Really like the dyno info. I don`t mean to belittle anyone here at all, but I`m going to be "very disappointed" if mine doesn`t go well into the tens. If it doesn`t , I may sell out, and build another big sbc.

Hi
Boy do things change with me
I started with a smooth out on the heads and ended up porting them, raising the roof .040"
and opening the cross section oh so slightly.
I ended up with the M1 intake that was welded up from a spread bore into a square bore flange and blended.
I had the ports matched professionally and a fair bit was removed from the intake.
Heads and intake will get bolted down in the next week and ill book in the dyno.
Has anybody seen a stroker with trick flow heads and small cam peak over 5500rpm.
I'm hoping to see 5700rpm but i could be dreaming.
Here are some pics

View attachment 1715090727

View attachment 1715090729

View attachment 1715090733
I`d like to have a M 1 done that way. Keep us posted on how it turns out. What is the carb heighth of the M1 ? Appreciate the comments by u, Andy, and iq52 !!

All interesting info. Really like the dyno info. I don`t mean to belittle anyone here at all, but I`m going to be "very disappointed" if mine doesn`t go well into the tens. If it doesn`t , I may sell out, and build another big sbc.

If I were to want to be "well into the 10's" I'd be looking at a victor for sure. It would be setting on top of a stout set of heads most likely on a stroker assembly

I did weld up an M1 like that for a 383. Used it on a 451 stroker. Ported 452 factory iron heads, 950 cfm Quick Fuel carb, $45.00 2" spacer off eBay, 9.5:1 compression, Comp Cams XR292R solid roller. 588 lb-ft @ 4,600 rpm and 621 hp @ 6,100 rpm. All this back on March 3, 2006.

The dyno operator says, "How the hell does that little engine make that horsepower with them little tiny Mopar ports?"

If I were to want to be "well into the 10's" I'd be looking at a victor for sure. It would be setting on top of a stout set of heads most likely on a stroker assembly
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Have that. I take it yours is a real 440 ? Wasn`t belittling or pointing fingers. Your car is very sharp looking, I always end up looking at the pics of it when u post them !------bob

I did weld up an M1 like that for a 383. Used it on a 451 stroker. Ported 452 factory iron heads, 950 cfm Quick Fuel carb, $45.00 2" spacer off eBay, 9.5:1 compression, Comp Cams XR292R solid roller. 588 lb-ft @ 4,600 rpm and 621 hp @ 6,100 rpm. All this back on March 3, 2006.

The dyno operator says, "How the hell does that little engine make that horsepower with them little tiny Mopar ports?"
WOW! Same cam I`ve got in my 505 .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Have that. I take it yours is a real 440 ? Wasn`t belittling or pointing fingers. Your car is very sharp looking, I always end up looking at the pics of it when u post them !------bob

Yes, mine is a real 440. It goes 11.70's.

IQ set me up with a projected 10 second combo similar to what I told you I'd want if I were to go into the 10's

I`d like to have a M 1 done that way. Keep us posted on how it turns out. What is the carb heighth of the M1 ? Appreciate the comments by u, Andy, and iq52 !!
I will have to measure it .
But its 3/8 of an inch higher than an Indy duel plane.

How much spring did you have.
I was just stuffing around with springs and i ended up at 220lb seat and 500 open

finished the dyno
with 1000cfm carb 600hp over by 5500 rpm and 640 lb/ft peak
holley sniper (rated to 800cfm) 589hp 630 lb/ft
sniper with modified air filter 580 hp 627 lb/ft.
Had to use a spacer to clear some of the sniper for the test so hence why it looks like its sitting up high .
Torque averages were up with the sniper so thats perfect for a cruiser.
I was on the latest super flow that is calibrated every 2 weeks, so this dyno gives no bonuses.
No oil leaks or issues. very happy
The idle quality was noticeably smoother with the sniper.

IMG_9705.jpg

-
Back