5.7 Aftermarket 80mm Cable Throttle Body Options

-

4speeds4me

Reaction score
So, I see a bunch of "universal" 80mm throttle bodies in about the $100 range, and then something like a BBK 5.7 unit for $350. What does it have that the others don't? I'd appreciate some input. I think I'll be Megasquirting mine, so I'm gonna be sourcing some parts.

Thanks in advance!

If I'm correct the universal TBs are typically LS (chevy) or ford based and will require a TB spacer/adapter to bolt to the manifold... FAST has a adapter, and I think a few members have made their own, but I can't remember who, there is a old TB thread that covers it.

I know FAST just released a direct bolt up hemi TB instead of using a LS based TB and adapter plate as before, however, I think it's still quite a bit more $ than the BBK unit.

The LS ones have the throttle cable on the passenger side. EFISource sells one that has it on the driver side and it bolts on.

I have the MP tb that bolts up and is set up for a left side cable. It's made by BBK, so I would imagine at this point, BBK has released it or another one on their own. I think mine cost 450 back when I bought it, so they've evidently come down in price.

Okay without trying to turn this into a for sale ad...
I have a factory drive by wire throttle body, that the electronics were junk. I have bored it out to 84mm and converted it to mechanical. The lever has a 5/16" hole for a standard MoPar throttle stud, and is attached so that it can be clocked into almost anywhere throughout 360°. I also drilled and tapped for curb idle adjustment screw. You would be on your own as far as a cable, bracket and TPS.
PM me if you need any more info.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 211
-
Back