$50 Craigslist 360 EXTREME budget rebuild??

-
this will be a blast to see what you run with this . Trust me, I'm subscribed!
:popcorn:

Didn't your father ever tell you NOT to run down and f*** one of those sheep butt to walk down and f*** them all? Stop jumping the gun!
He taught me to shoot them all so they don't run away. Then you can use them whenever you want and at whatever pace you prefer

This is my wife's motor I'm not trying to freak her out but I would like her to be in a competitive class so under 14 high 13 would be perfect.

No problem there East coaster LOL it's still 8:30 on a Sunday morning here and I'm barely up and drinking coffee. I was up late last night with all this crap going through my head. I'll be out in the garage later today and I'll try and get some clear pictures for you no problem but I need to get some more of the grime Off of it so we can get down to where the everything's clear.
Show me pictures, crisp and clear

well Hello, you must be the guy moved to the passenger seat for a bit.
Not exactly sure what you mean but I'd assume you're referencing the car going a different route therefore eliminating me from the drivers seat. If so, you'd be correct-ish. No reason I can't rip the auto a new one!

I'll be the first one to post pictures of him in the driver's seat with the words the Scrapper gone on the side and the words in pink nasty woman on the side lol

Ball hones are about 60 bucks on ebay. I wouldn't count tools as part of the cost, because they can be used over and over.

I offered to loan him mine earlier this morning, shipping and handling were problematic to him.....................

Okay back to the build- yesterday was part 1 in motion today is part two which consists of going down to Harbor Freight and getting more gloves rubber gloves for myself and small ones for my wife some more cleaners and bottle brushes or whatever it takes to get this stuff scrubbed up getting the rest of the parts out of the shed the Pistons rods and other bits and pieces shuffling things around in my garage to do some serious work or unserious work. Hey maybe I'll find a cylinder hone at Harbor Freight! that should make everyone crazy....

And again what a generous offer that is no question about it! I think of the logistics of you having to go down the Postal Place and get it sent to way and getting it using it for 4 minutes and then going back down to my Postal Place getting a package sent back out. I'd much rather be able to use act of kindness on a much more needed items. And again thank you I don't want you to even have any doubt in your mind that I'm not thankful for the offer....
I offered to loan him mine earlier this morning, shipping and handling were problematic to him.....................

J par, make sure the cam bearings aren't usable before you pay money. That cam turns twice as slow as the crank, and does not extend itself from center. Unless there is "copper color" showing more than 15% of the bearing face, I'd skip that for your budget needs. Also, another money savings is the factory oil pump. Almost always the factory oil pumps are fine and more than sufficient for the job.

I'm seeing some scoring on all the bearings and the cam bearings have some scorching also.

If that's the case, then knocking all the plugs out and cleaning passages would be on my list of "must do" where would you like me to send the soft plug kit?

Yeah I just seen that one at Harbor Freight when I went to pick up gloves and some more motor Degreaser and some round brushes for cleaning stuff out. At $25 I'll just get the one from Summit for $19 and that will make my order up to at least $100 for free shipping. Thank you for sending the link.
I just checked, they sell a cheap 3 stone one, but it would blow your budget.

4 in. Engine Cylinder Hone

When I found the oil pan finally I almost wish I hadn't, it was pretty greasy! Or is still greasy I haven't got the gumption up yet. By the looks of it I would have rather take the 50 or $60 hit to the budget and not had to clean it LOL, but that's not the point here.
20170319_163317.jpg
20170319_163331.jpg
20170319_163013.jpg

Found all the nuts and bolts in some of the basic bits balancer flexplate for the transmission a few other things. Also a couple things that I had got from the 318 before that blew up like the timing chain the double roller timing chain was pretty new and the windage tray. that 318 was something pretty good I think....
20170319_162727.jpg
20170319_162714.jpg
20170319_163432.jpg

Another low buck degreaser...........oven cleaner, spray it on nice and thick, wrap it up in a plastic bag so it doesn't dry out, blast it with the garden hose tomorrow.............or there is the carwash

Those pushrods in the last photos were some 273 rods that I had gotten with my rockers. I think I remember my machine shop rejected them for the Stroker motor LOL and it turns out the nine that are vertical are straight and the Seven that are horizontal not so much. but what I find interesting is the 318 piston and their rods, how different they were how much better I like them but they seem to be heavier and the Rods definitely bigger & beefy...
20170319_163021.jpg
20170319_163216.jpg
20170319_163227.jpg

Remember the windage tray and those flat top pistons and the bigger rods came in that 318 That was supposed to have came out of the police car and the numbers on the 318 come up race engine lol but it doesn't have no X on it.
Anyway for some pictures of the cylinders and the cam bearings it looks like on the driver side upper there's burnt looking area but I don't like the front bearing at all and it's easy to get too.
20170319_164328.jpg
20170319_164500.jpg
20170319_164403.jpg

-
Back