500 Hp Slant 6

-
I am curious as to how much power could be or has been laid down by a /6. I think its a neat idea but I am also sure the subject has been beat to death. Anyone here have any dyno figures or time slips from a n/a /6? I would like to see/hear about some of the slant builds.

Cammron Tilley has a 600+HP turbo slant in a door car that is street driven. He lives in OZ. The thing is that the HP doesnt need to be there if the rest of the combo is put together well.
Frank

It's called 'air flow' you either have it [like the L/Gas crikets modified head] or you force it in like the rest of the world.

face it, the head needs LOTS of work.

Bitchin Valiant. I still would like to see who has the baddest n/a /6.

Many have had them in the 350ish range N/A. Mike Jeffrey had one in his Valiant that the power/speed calculator put at 375. Above that and you cross the threshold into unreliability big time.

I had a video of my buddy's 292 stovebolt 6. Runs high nines ina race chassis Studebaker. That is a 100% filled factory block, massively lightened factory crank, aluminum rods, custom pistons, two DART V8 chevy heads cut and welded together, the deck of the block filled and re-drilled to fit, custom cam, custom manifold, single turbo, on methanol. I really can't see why you would want to just to prove a point.. But.. i was looking into doing a stroked 225 for my '65. There is a lot of room to make some serious power. it will not be cheap but I'm pretty sure you can do it or come very close NA on methanol and 290 inches.

edit - heres the link to the engine build page http://www.cdpautomachine.com/leo/assembly.html

isn't that Leo Santucci who wrote the Chevy Six Cylinder Power Manual? My copy of that book is almost completely worn out from constant re-reads! What a great reference!

I still think Pentastar offers the best slant parts. Ive never seen so many internal parts and turbo stuff for a slant that pentastar offers. Wish I woulda kept my 225.

Nice Video!! I love beating BB's to the 60' then then walking away on the big end. That car is around 425 rwhp right now. Not much head work on it either. 500 rwhp is a reasonable # to reach on boost. Later
Ryan

I still think Pentastar offers the best slant parts. Ive never seen so many internal parts and turbo stuff for a slant that pentastar offers. Wish I woulda kept my 225.
I represent Aussie Speed (.com) in the US. If you need any parts from OZ let me know.
Frank

I dont know. Where is the corrosion? Is it down in the side wall or up in the combustion area or ???.
I dont have enough experience with JB weld and aluminum to make a good call.
Frank

wow man that will be one wicked motor!!! More power to ya!! I've got tons of respect for people like you who just want to do something different, good luck man!!

I represent Aussie Speed (.com) in the US. If you need any parts from OZ let me know.
Frank

good to know. do you know if aussie speed plans on coming out with a compete supercharger kit using the terracharer. this is the setup i want to run eventually, but i would rather purchase a kit with the intake, supercharger, and pulleys so its a bolt on setup. thanks.
-aaron-

I have run 8.07 in the 1/8th,and high 12s in the 1/4.All motor just a little over 200 rear wheel hp.62 Valiant just under 2500 lbs with me in it.New motor on the stand will hopefully get me in the 11s.All motor.Guzzi Mark

what kind of numbers could you run if you sprayed the piss out of it? Hell you could blow one a week theyre practically free.

what kind of numbers could you run if you sprayed the piss out of it? Hell you could blow one a week theyre practically free.

On a 150 shot mine went from 14:50's to 12:0's.

And no, they are not practically free.

Lysholmn off a mazda 2.3L millina (spelling) using a smaller pully should be fast/cheap if u know how to fab.

plus all the normal gofa$t stuff..

Just bought a '64 Vaiant. Plan to put a turbocharged 225 in, with forged pistons and maybe better rods. Hope to get 500hp

1wild&crazyguy is there any way you could scan and email me a copy of that article on the Cricket Slant Six? My dad had a copy of that mag and I read it probably a hundred times when I was really young. I have been looking for a copy of that article.

1wild&crazyguy is there any way you could scan and email me a copy of that article on the Cricket Slant Six? My dad had a copy of that mag and I read it probably a hundred times when I was really young. I have been looking for a copy of that article.

Justin got banned. Too bad too cause he had a lot to offer. :(

Justin got banned. Too bad too cause he had a lot to offer. :(

i thought it was just a vaca? he is gone for good?!?! wow...

well 500hp all motor isn't gonna happen without something crazy going on with the head....

check out mine... running 14.72 @ 94mph with a 2.94 one leg 7.25 rear... lol should be high 12's with the rear and a diet...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8yphlNNpHg"]YouTube - Dart vs Mustang.MOV[/ame]

-
Back