545rfe ?s

-
I had to make my own crossmember. I think there is a crossmember available now. I used the Lokar shifter, bolts directly to it and the shifter is pretty close to the factory. You can choose the knob you want on their site. I cut the hole out in the fire wall then cut the top of the hump out and cut made a cut on each side to open it up so I could just weld the top back on.

Well not me but my son when he was 13. This is the only photo I have
A4EA0243-A2FF-4AED-8B9F-76DE8177143C.jpeg

23DC82E0-19E5-4611-9A16-DC0964F8E45B.jpeg
Where the black mark is is where I slit it on both sides and bent it up. I’m cheap and did not want to do a whole tunnel. I used what I cut out. On the fire wall on passenger side I had to shape some metal to make room for the dip stick. Like a box. It isn’t pretty but no one will ever see it. I don’t have any metal shaping tools just a hammer vice grips and an anvil made from a railroad track. 11 years and it’s held up good.

I had to make my own crossmember. I think there is a crossmember available now. I used the Lokar shifter, bolts directly to it and the shifter is pretty close to the factory. You can choose the knob you want on their site. I cut the hole out in the fire wall then cut the top of the hump out and cut made a cut on each side to open it up so I could just weld the top back on.

Does this look like the shifter you used?
https://www.lokar.com/assets/instru...er-45RFE-Floor-Mount-Shifter-Instructions.pdf

-
Back