6. Cylinder duster is now a 340 ignition issues wants to start when you let up on the key

-
Sure. That's in the wiring diagram linked here
Download the pdf.

Brown is the feed.
The negative going to the ECU was probably black with yellow stripe.
The important thing is that the negative connects to the correct position on the plug.

Here's a '75 that doesn't look modified with slant six a/c and maybe cruise control.
VR is on the fender like yours.
The sticker on the fender is probably the vacuum diagram.

and another

Last edited:
This simplified drawing posted earlier is based on the factory diagrams.

1688681118077.png

The '73 - '76 diagrams are often broken up over several pages. When trying to follow a circuit, its worth colorizing or even redrawing just the circuits of interest.

In the Mymopar link for 1974 master Technicians Conference, there is a booklet and filmstrip about reading the diagrams.

Basically when it says J3-14BR, 14 is the SAE wire gage and BR is the color.
J5 18 BK/Y* is Ignition wire 5, 18 gage Black with yellow stripe

CE 37 = Connector Engine compartment 37 and has a seperate drawing in the service manual.
1688681391824.png

Thanks again.... I wonder if there's a diagram that shows the engine harness plug that goes across the intake. Looks like it feeds the temperature sensor and wires to the alternator. Not sure what else

Thanks again.... I wonder if there's a diagram that shows the engine harness plug that goes across the intake. Looks like it feeds the temperature sensor and wires to the alternator. Not sure what else
yes @67Dart273 posted it in the same thread.
This post.

Use that with the diagram.
J3 is ignition start and also the connection to coil
J2 is ignition run
G something are the gages
C I don't remember but you'll find it or figure it out.
S relates to the starter relay

Thanks for all the help. I had the key at fired right up. Still sorting through wires now. I got to make it look pretty. I have this wire that looks seems to be brown with white stripe or black with a white stripe. It's hard to tell. I thought maybe you guys might know what it might have went to

PXL_20230707_002815812.jpg

Another question I had since this was a six cylinder car, was the wiring harness on the engine with the plug in mypost#9 that has all the wires to the coil to the sending unit to the choke? If it had one to the alternator and regulator where that was that just a slant six thing is anyone know if they V8 had that plug?

So thanks to your help, I seem to have a lot of it figured out. I just am trying to find a wiring diagram for that engine harness or that plug is I know the coil wires are there and a choke wire. And I believe the wires to the alternator. There's some other wires that do not go to anything because it was an air conditioning car. Just want to make sure

Are you not seeing the links to the drawings?
One goes to a post wit a pdf, the other has snips posted including CE37

Not many ring terminals or open ring terminals used. So that one shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
CE1 (coil connections) are usually ring terminals.

Decoding is in the Service Manual. But @Bugman posted a photo of that page in this post

and in the same web page as the Seatbelt interlock booklet is one called Wiring Diagram Orientation.
along with a movie.
MTSC – 1974, Volume 74-11 Wiring Diagram Orientation – MyMopar
In addition to decoding, it also explains how to follow the wires on the diagram to find where they connect to.

Thanks again.... Can you Tell me what the two cone shape rubber grommets that are on the passenger side. Each have two wires going through by theirselves

Thanks again.... Can you Tell me what the two cone shape rubber grommets that are on the passenger side. Each have two wires going through by theirselves
Sorry I meant on the driver side they go through and they have plugs that plug into other wires that go somewhere. They're up around close to the amp meter

-
Back