/6 in a Ramcharger???

-
I have never seen a slant in a ramcharger. I know under the hood you could fit 4 slant sixes though.

Sorry to bust anyone's bubble but yes mother moPar did put /6 es in the early models, the year the top can be removed, I had one and it had a role bar in it petty blue. I think it was a 74 model, It's been a long time ago.

I just seen it was offered in these models, 225 cu in (3.7 L) I6
318 cu in (5.2 L) V8
360 cu in (5.9 L) V8
400 cu in (6.6 L) V8
440 cu in (7.2 L) V8 from 74 to 1980, I think mine was a 2 wheel drive trail Duster. Wish I still had it

wow that is beyond cool ...that is almost as cool as a B-body or charger with a slanty .....I have had a few traildusters before and one had a 318 and the other had a 440 ....but I never thought I would see a slanty in one ....just when you think you have seen everything. :cheers:

Yep, Chrysler put them in just about everything. This summer in Maryland there was a late 80's land barge Chrysler Newport with a slant in it.

You could also get a 6 cylinder 6DR5 Diesel (factory option) in 1977-79 Ramchargers, Traildusters and Trucks.

I have a 76 Ramcharger, with 77 Macho Ramcharger graphics/stripes. 318 / 435 4 speed / 203. Converted it to early 74 frameless style doors, with 72-75 metal door panels and a 72-73 Grille.

Have the full top for it, a half top and a soft top. Factory Rollbar and Spare Tire carrier. Also have a vintage brush guard/push bar for it, and a few other rare parts for it

You could also get a 6 cylinder 6DR5 Diesel (factory option) in 1977-79 Ramchargers, Traildusters and Trucks.

I have a 76 Ramcharger, with 77 Macho Ramcharger graphics/stripes. 318 / 435 4 speed / 203. Converted it to early 74 frameless style doors, with 72-75 metal door panels and a 72-73 Grille.

Have the full top for it, a half top and a soft top. Factory Rollbar and Spare Tire carrier. Also have a vintage brush guard/push bar for it, and a few other rare parts for it

I forgot about mine having the spare tire holder, mine had the roll bar also, know I have to be happy with this one :glasses7: 85 with an 86 grill after a deer was hit, rv318 daily driver

Attachments

• Avenger 1 001.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 592
That's cool my little brother has a real clean 85 ramcharger with a 318 in it. I would love to get my hands on a Plymouth TRAIL DUSTER

wow that is beyond cool ...that is almost as cool as a B-body or charger with a slanty .....I have had a few traildusters before and one had a 318 and the other had a 440 ....but I never thought I would see a slanty in one ....just when you think you have seen everything. :cheers:

yupp just about as useless as a slant B body car or charger too; enough power to do the speed limit at 10 gallons to the mile!

my 1986 D150 had a slant 6 in it; worked okay I guess... til you put a load on then it was hard to the carpet to climb hills!

I guess if a two + ton under powered vehicle is your cup of tea than it would indeed be cool.....Not my idea of a good time.....

I guess if a two + ton under powered vehicle is your cup of tea than it would indeed be cool.....Not my idea of a good time.....

I enjoyed pulling my stock car on a tailor with mine... but I am sure a 318 would have more hp, but the slant sure got allot of work dun. =D>

yee of little faith in the slant six .......there are guys on this site that can make a slant GOOOO.....plus when they are new and fresh, even in stock form , they are pretty peppy ....I have grown to like the slant even more than the 318

I have a dart that I V8 swapped and now I wish I could go back in time and have the car back to a slant and have the car how it was when I first got it

There is a small little hill not to far form me.....would pay to watch someone try to tow a car up it with a 2 + ton vehicle with a / in it......my Duramax with a 4" exhaust, programmer and air intake kit has to work to pull a car up it.....Folks can what you want, but here in the real world you need torque to pull things... My truck, when I had it dynoed right after I bought it, puts out a touch over 600 foot pounds of torque... does the / even get into the 3 digit zone when it comes to torque? Torque moves things, not wishful thinking....

Ok, but still The Dodge 225 engine, also known as the "Slant Six," was a durable engine that powered many Dodges and Plymouths, farm equipment,to industrial in the 1960s and 1970s. The engine was known for its high torque. The 225 refers to size of the engine's combustion chamber... How much torque at what rpm :-k

~215 lbs.-ft. Net @1200-2600 rpm I believe.

Don't quote me on the rpm though I remember the torque curve is broad and FLAT and pretty much all their by 1200rpm. We are talking about an engine with a 4.125" stroke folks, plenty of torque for a gas engine of its size and vintage tech.

I've seen a D500 Dump truck with a factory 225. They put um in everything.

~215 lbs.-ft. Net @1200-2600 rpm I believe.

Don't quote me on the rpm though I remember the torque curve is broad and FLAT and pretty much all their by 1200rpm. We are talking about an engine with a 4.125" stroke folks, plenty of torque for a gas engine of its size and vintage tech.

Coupled wif some foe fitty six gears, you can pull all kinda stuff although not real fast.

yes the slant 6 has torque, but its also a very crappy truck engine, works great in small cars such as A bodies but thats about where it ends

can you imagine driving a 3 ton dump truck with a slant!

yes the slant 6 has torque, but its also a very crappy truck engine, works great in small cars such as A bodies but thats about where it ends

can you imagine driving a 3 ton dump truck with a slant!

Dumptrucks generally had a NP435 4-Speed or NP540 5-Speed transmission with 4.88 ratio Gears and a Dana 70 Rear Axle. (D/W500+ trucks usually had a Rockwell Rear Axle, those gear ratios were in the 5.xx and 6.xx range. Sometimes they had 2-Speed Rear Axles)

Gear Ratios in the Transmissions are

NP435

1st : 6.68 : 1
2nd : 3.34 : 1
3rd : 1.66 : 1
4th : 1 : 1
Reverse : 8.26 : 1

NP540

1st : 7.33 : 1
2nd : 4:38 : 1
3rd : 2.61 : 1
4th : 1.59 : 1
5th : 1 : 1 OR .82 Overdrive
Reverse : 7.81 : 1

With those ratios, and 4.88 gears in the rear, it wouldn't matter if it had a Briggs & Stratton lawn mower engine under the hood. It'd drag mountains across the country, granted at a top speed of about 70mph. LOL

My '75 D300 Dumptruck has a 318 / NP435 / Dana 70 with 4.88's, bone stock 318, with a Carter BBD 2BBL and 2.25" Single Exhaust. It'll go toe to toe with a stock diesel in terms of pulling power off idle.

Used it to "remove" a cab mount from a truck in the junkyard once (bought the cab, couldn't get the last bolt out) So I chained the junk truck to a tree, chained the cab mount to the back of the D300, slapped it into 1st gear, gave er some gas and dropped the clutch... Ripped the frame in half behind the cab mount on the junk truck.

Exactly. Personally, I think they were about the BEST truck engine you could get.

I've got a slant six 86 Ram W100 out in the drive that has done more work than most trucks. I've personally been witness to it plowing 4ft of snow and hauling beds full and overflowing of top soil, and numerious full bed loads of cut firewood. It was never short on power or torque with the 435, not to mention when needed the low range in 4wd.

I really wish the Ohio winters hadn't been so hard on the truck. The thing only has 32,000 miles on it which are verified, my dad bought the truck new. I'd love to fix the thing but I believe it's just too late.

One thing I'm not sure of is I was researching this thing a few months back and there are a few things about this truck that if you look at all information it shouldn't exist. Unless the information isn't correct.

-
Back