62 valiant /6 turbo build

-
Bill I guess a picture isn't worth a 1000 words but the car weighted in at a bloated weight with me in it and a full fuel cell 3025. That's considerably heavier then what I thought.
Honestly I can't make any chassis adjustments without any video because I don'thhonestly no what's happening at the starting line.

Sounds like it may be about 60 pounds heavier than my car...

RE: "I don' honestly know what's happening at the starting line."

That's why I am going to have someone else drive it; I can tell a LOT more about what it's doing and what it needs by watching it as opposed to driving it!

Well I was a bit disappointed with the performance of the car and the afr wasn'ta quite where I feel comfortable on the big end so I felt I need some more rear jet. While I had the cold side piping off I decided it was a good time to check the lash on my valves at idle the car was clicking bad. Man oh man was I glad I checked them they were all over the place.
Well I put the car back together and took it for a spin on the first pull I had to get out of it because I heard a weird noise like something broke loose but the car was pulling so damn hard I turned it back around to head home and easied into again and I heard something and looked it was only the window crank handle.So I doogded a bbullet there.
So after I took the toad home and looked everything over onemore time i felt good about taken the car out for couple hole shots and to run it thru the gears. And I can't believe the difference I most of burned the tires for 30 feet.
Now I have too say this little beast is running the way it's supposed too

Stay tuned
Aaron :cheers:

Yah I got the gasket from Frank I think the Aussie have two different style gasket and I'm assuming I got the big port gasket

ill cheack this out for u and measure the ports, yer we have 2 diffenr types of motors, 5 welsh plug and 3 welsh plug , 3 welsh plug motors they say are commercial, witch are red, others are blue, hey lads where can I sourse dished pistons, for my mates slant 6 project, its slowin us up, pistors we ordered wont fit the rods ordered????

Can't wait to see how it works ..... the manifold is the way to go jmo ... not a big fan of headers for the street. kinda wondering how well the welding on a cast manifold will hold up tho. going to kinda get realy hot rite there when ya put the beans to it.

Love this build going for same hing on my 62 lancer wagon, I am down in Ohio would like to see your ride and pick your brain, hit me back if it is a can do be nice ride up!

-
Back