63 max wedge?

-
1962 413 'Maximum Performance'

Came through with 'Special' Dual-Point Distributors, that had full
mechanical advance.

With a 'special' Cam and High-Load Rate Springs to prevent
'point bounce'.

No 'Heat Sink' in the 1962 Maximum Performance Packages.

Only other Performance Ignition components, were J9Y Spark-Plugs
and low-resistance Cables.

On the trivia side of things, I was born on the exact day the first Max Wedge rolled off the assembly line. May 15th 1962

On the trivia side of things, I was born on the exact day the first Max Wedge rolled off the assembly line. May 15th 1962

Tony in June of 62 I was riding shotgun with my older brother in his 413. Up and down Pasadena boulevard terrorizing anybody dumb enough to race us. I was 13 at the time. Dan

AAQA I had a 383 with this on the block. No one to this day can tell me what it means without a huge cloud of B.S.

1962 413 'Maximum Performance'

Came through with 'Special' Dual-Point Distributors, that had full
mechanical advance.

With a 'special' Cam and High-Load Rate Springs to prevent
'point bounce'.

No 'Heat Sink' in the 1962 Maximum Performance Packages.

Only other Performance Ignition components, were J9Y Spark-Plugs
and low-resistance Cables.

Was there some kind of transistorized ignition offered later?

Told me if I wanted it $200 but he has a shitload of 440s??? A van full actually. Told me $1500 for the whole van load of BB Mopars

$200 for an incomplete 413 or $1,500 for a "shitload" of 440"s ... Hmmmm?

How many 440's does it take to make a "shitload"? I'd say it has to be more than 3 being that "a couple" is 2 and "a few" is 3. So is it 4? 5? 6? more than 6?

IMO, no matter how many it is, even if they have cast cranks, you would come out ahead and smelling like roses if you go with the "shitload" :cheers:

Red64Maxmtr_zpsb347a702.jpg

That's a hood fulla badassary.

:prayer: Amen to that! Second only to King Kong his-self! :prayer:

$200 for an incomplete 413 or $1,500 for a "shitload" of 440"s ... Hmmmm?

How many 440's does it take to make a "shitload"? I'd say it has to be more than 3 being that "a couple" is 2 and "a few" is 3. So is it 4? 5? 6? more than 6?

IMO, no matter how many it is, even if they have cast cranks, you would come out ahead and smelling like roses if you go with the "shitload" :cheers:

Well the van has a lot of other engines and parts but there was 3 440 short blocks in the back, few cranks(cast from what I've seen), intakes, heads... the whole van in general would be worth it in my opinion. But for now I desided to buy the 413 block, crank, and rods plus the '70 440 block.

Tony in June of 62 I was riding shotgun with my older brother in his 413. Up and down Pasadena boulevard terrorizing anybody dumb enough to race us. I was 13 at the time. Dan

Didn't the little old lady from Pasedena drive a Brand new 4 speed super stock Dodge?

Oh yeah, hers was a 426....

Didn't the little old lady from Pasedena drive a Brand new 4 speed super stock Dodge?

Oh yeah, hers was a 426....

The song was written in January 1964, and recorded on March 21, 1964.

Definitely a 'shiny red' Dodge '426 Maximum Performance' 4-Speed

what are the #'s on the side of the block ? That will tell you the year and if it's a max wedge, l'm buiding a 64 413 right now , its a marine application , same #'s as a max wedge , they put more magnesium in the casting for added strength, so l read .

-
Back