Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Contact seller
Please, I need a couple of 2bbl air cleaners just like this one:
CC-39-026-800.jpg

For some strange reason, it appears to have been used only on Barracudas:

Barracuda_Aircleaner_FPC.jpg

Other A-body 2bbl 273s got the larger-diameter cleaner with the snorkel, like this:

attachment.php

Can anyone help? Thanks!

I think the C.A.P. cars used the one with the snorkel and the non-C.A.P. cars had the unsilenced one.
Thanks, Mark

No, Mark, the CAP and non-CAP cars got the same air cleaner (w/snorkel); the difference was that the CAP air cleaner had a breather tube fitting on the snorkel and the non-CAP air cleaner did not. (the highlighted FPC section is from '65 -- the CAP/non-CAP info starts in '66)

No, Mark, the CAP and non-CAP cars got the same air cleaner (w/snorkel); the difference was that the CAP air cleaner had a breather tube fitting on the snorkel and the non-CAP air cleaner did not. (the highlighted FPC section is from '65 -- the CAP/non-CAP info starts in '66)
You're right, I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that. I've seen both snorkle and unsilenced with and without the breather fitting. I don't remember seeing an unsilenced with the band clamp though....only the snorkle type seem to have that. I've had Darts, Valiants, and Barracudas with both types of air cleaners. What determined the type air cleaner that was installed?

I searched 1966 Barracuda tonight and one was listed today. I think the seller was 1967cudamike or something similar.

Did the OP get a response? I have one from a 1966 Barracuda 273 2bbl sitting on a shelf. Would sell, make offer.

Hi ive got a very usable unsilence 1 in eastern ontario that you can have at no cost send me a pm & we can talk as I tried to send pm but your box is full dartin jack

Thanks, all -- makin' good progress! Looks like there are '64-'65 (base plate attaches to carb with clamp band) and '66-up (base plate just sits atop the carb) types of this air cleaner, just like the other kinds.

Dan,
I have one just like the one in your first pix, no snorkel, appears to be original paint but is dirty. I don't have the baseplate. PM me your address and will ship. I've profited greatly from your expertise on this site, consider it payback.

Thanks very much tw; I sure appreciate that! It's actually the baseplate I need; I have the cover already, so I'll leave yours for someone else who is in need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back