64 Valiant 360 Swap HELP.

-
i don't like how much ya have to cut to make them fit. even with plates over some of the holes i don't like it.. hell my big block headers needed a lot less of a hole to fit..

64valiant025.jpg
I hear yea Joe, but I seen way to many members here deal with the block huggers..and I was not going to deal with all the BS and hug some high dollar headers and bend them just to watch them give me trouble for a year or two just to go back to manifolds, Keith has been running his for 7 years now and he bought his used, I do understand, but I really wanted a good tuned header for my small block and removing the sheet of metal was a no brainer for me.

I also have a 64 with a built 360. Used fenderwell headers.

You can see how low they hang on the side shot.

Whoa!!!!That IS tight!
How did that mark get up so high?

That's got me wondering.

I wonder if the 73 up steering system could be adapted. I put that on my 68 no problems. In your narrower bay, I expect the centerlink will be too wide/long. I expect I could change that.

Marks everywhere man lol. Rubbed at the idler arm, at the inner tie rods, and on the torsion bars. Drives me absolutely nuts. I wish there were a shorty header that fit.

Nobody mentioned the cable operated gas pedal assembly needed from an early A car with a V8. Also, the Spitfire headers may be the best bet, I'm running them with zero clearance issues! Going to be swapping in my 340 soon, and plan to use them on that motor as well!!

-
Back