65 Barracuda bucket seat tracks/ brackets HELP!

-

GHOST RUSTERS

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello FABO! I recently purchased a pair of bucket seats that I believe/ hope to be the correct seats for our 65 Barracuda build. (I was told these seats were from either a 65 or 66 barracuda)

Would anyone, with more experience and or knowledge than I, be able to tell me if I did get the correct seats and what other pieces I might be missing? Maybe some floor pan or seat pictures to compare to?

I hope that I didn’t buy seats that I won’t be able to use. I am not familiar enough with A-bodies to know what I’m up against, the tracks/ brackets or mounting hardware to know what I may or may not need. Some pictures of that helps. Thanks FABO! Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

IMG_9538.jpeg

IMG_9539.jpeg

IMG_9540.jpeg

IMG_9541.jpeg

They're missing the bottom floor mount part of the slider brackets. The early A-body seat brackets are two-piece units and allow for greater adjustability.

Ooohhhh…. We’ll shoot, ok so good news and “other” news… so these seats will work once I find these floor mount slider brackets? Might you have a picture or know how I might find one to see what I’m looking for? In your experience are these a readily available part to come across or far and few between? I’m wondering if I would only find them as a complete set of seats? Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
From what I have been told, 66 seats are one year only, to allow for the "coffin" console.....So 65 and 66 would not be the same....

From what I have been told, 66 seats are one year only, to allow for the "coffin" console.....So 65 and 66 would not be the same....
From the pictures I’ve provided… might you be able to tell which I have? I’m not quite sure how to tell them apart or identify them… If they’re not the correct 65 seats then i suppose it does me no good to try and hunt down the floor mount part like …@mopowers mentioned…???

These are the sliders from my '66. Compare them to what you've got. If you're handy with a grinder and welder, you should be able to make the floor pieces pretty easily. Just keep in mind they aren't the same height.

1725148459991.png

1725148504137.png

These are the sliders from my '66. Compare them to what you've got. If you're handy with a grinder and welder, you should be able to make the floor pieces pretty easily. Just keep in mind they aren't the same height.

View attachment 1716297254

View attachment 1716297255
Whoa. Ok there is a lot more to those than I thought… thank you for taking the time to share the pictures. That gives me an idea of where I’m at…

Your seats are definitely 65 (or 64). And it looks to me like the brackets you have are also correct for those years - just missing the bottom pieces. I might have them in the attic of my garage. If you haven't found some by tomorrow morning, I will climb up there and take a look.

Your seats are definitely 65 (or 64). And it looks to me like the brackets you have are also correct for those years - just missing the bottom pieces. I might have them in the attic of my garage. If you haven't found some by tomorrow morning, I will climb up there and take a look.
Wow! That would be outstanding! Thank you so much and yes please keep me posted and let me know what I could do to make it worth your while!

Perfect timing… I was just breaking the news to my daughter (she likes to sit in the car and steer whenever it gets pushed around) I told her that I got the wrong seats and we’d have to repurpose her playroom beanbag chairs into the barracuda for the time being… :lol::realcrazy: thank you so much @65 Cuda 340!

Your seats are 64/65 (by the upholstery). Even if they were 66 seats, they could still work in a 65 chassis. FWIW I am using a complete 66 Barracuda interior - front buckets and rear fold down seat - in my 65 Dart wagon

Bucket seat tracks are not super easy to find and partials are even harder.
They command a pretty good price when you do find them.
IIRC repro tracks for B and E body cars are available but somewhat pricey (at least by my standards).
You could look those up and see if the bottom parts would work.

I wonder if you could...bear with me here...modify a repro battery tray cut in half long ways to make one from each half. The stamped reinforcements would be similar and the cost much less.

OK, I do have the partials that would bolt on to what you have. Decent shape. I have a (I think reasonable) price in mind, but won't post it here (I think that would be against the rules). PM me if you're interested.

1725202950284.jpeg

1725203127272.jpeg

I just noticed that as well… they look like what are already on mine… it’s the lowers that would actually mount to the floor pan that I need, correct?

IMG_9596.png

IMG_9595.png

Well phooey! You all are right. What I have is the upper brackets. I also have another pair of the uppers. No lower brackets. Why not? Don't know. Anyway, sorry for the false alarm. :BangHead:

Well phooey! You all are right. What I have is the upper brackets. I also have another pair of the uppers. No lower brackets. Why not? Don't know. Anyway, sorry for the false alarm. :BangHead:
No need to be sorry at all I hope I didn’t make a hassle for you digging those out! Thank for the effort in trying to help! The search continues. If anything at least we know that between the two of us were more than half to some seats for a fellow member in the future haha… thanks @65 Dartman @YY1 @65 Cuda 340 and @moparlvr166
And @mopowers

Last edited:
-
Back