65 cuda conversion to dual master

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
my luck with anyone has not been good lately.

65 cuda 273 cable shift, throttle cable car , original kickdown brackets and linkage, console cable shift tranny. I get the company's conversion lines and distribution . block today. the first tipoff this won't be my day? couple inches of one line sticking out of the box. not or hardly bent at all. I send the fed x guy on his happy way. get the old long, front to back line out, get the new one in. its 5 inches TOO long. obviuous for a dodge dart. O K so the front stuff should be same dart or cuda.

now this is their conversion setup to go right in, no problem, when changing over to dual master cylinder setup. before I can and ask their tech guy, can anyone send a pic showing , ( or description) exactly how the firewall line is supposed to go. in relation to the kickdown brackets, throttle cable, wiring bulkhead, and all the stuff that can be a problem.

I have a feeling calling them will not get me the info I need. thanks

Is this from Inline Tube? I bought mine from them a few years and back and finally got around to putting it on. Had to do some bending and flaring to make it work. I also had to cut and weld the bracket on the distribution block to pull it in closer to the frame and away from the exhaust.

Luckily I was able to flare their stainless lines with my tool. I was not able to flare the stainless tranny cooler lines I got from Classic.

the thunder storm ran me in while ago but went back out to work on it some more ( so I can sleep tonite!~). I got the firewall line routed, I have the left line routed and they are ready to attached to the distribution block. BUT the long front to back line is for a dodge ( what 5 inches longer wheel base)? the long line need to attach to the distribution block first as it will have the length from the t bar bracket to the dist. block and that is that long and no longer, if that makes any sense.

anyway I will call inline tube in a m and tell them the long line is incorrect.
all the tube co. developed a "conversion " set of lines with a NEW dist. block. all made to FIT the 64-6 cuda in my case. huh!????? so another week of waiting for a line!???

last week it was dealing with Fine Line. long story but they fail to tell you that they have a conversion setup and you have to use THEIR block at $80. at least inline tube's a mere $35 for the block, so I return lines to fineline an d await my refund.

then the week before I get the trans cooler line for another car. one line is usable, but the other is 180 degrees off in 2 places. you can't change that fat line and not booger it. I call them, they want both lines back. I tell them I have wrestled one line on ( and really don't care to wrestle it back off. ( hey im 67 yrs old and can hardly get in and out from under the car anyway), who cares, not Classic INd.!!! lol... and used my other 50 year old line. they won't send me the other new correct line, just give me 50% credit!!!!!! wow!!!!!!!

funny thing is I've used all 4 of the line bending co. years back and never had ANY problems, even made their lines for a such and such work for when I changed over to a dual reservoir. what the heck??????

-
Back