65 Dart w/ suicide doors

-

BillGrissom

Reaction score

Attachments

• 65 Dart w suicide doors.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 272
I don't see it selling for that. It still has a slant 6 and needs a bunch of work. Looks like the drivers taillight is broken. If obvious stuff is bad imagine the hidden stuff.

... still has a slant 6 ...
Surprised those words didn't start a spat, from those happy to keep their slant (my 64 Valiant).

I am interested how they reworked it to make the rear suicide doors, like beefing up the supports and adding backside nuts. Seems very complicated.

Some people like the slants. However they don't seem to be worth much. that's all Im saying.

that looks pretty good-- just the rest of the car is not complete-- for that coin it needs to be a finished product.
Lawrence

If the pictures are an accurate depiction of paint I'd say they seem to have done a nice job with that. They did cheap out on the engine bay. If they'd cleaned the engine compartment up and detailed it - it would have helped. With a small block it would have been more desirable to most. I imagine they've got a fair amount of money in the hydraulics too. Provided it's rust free and they didn't build it out of bondo I'd say it's not a horrible price. But if it's like most internet car sales...

That makes it less desirable to me. I wouldn't buy it just because of the doors alone

I guess it's to each his own on preferences. I'm not in the market for a 4-door myself. - And the hydraulics may have been a big investment for them, but aren't my cup of tea either. If the workmanship is good, I do admire their efforts in engineering what appears to be a clean rear suicide door mod and the paintwork.

I'm more of a musclecar hotrodder and the wire wheels, suicide doors, hydraulics, slant 6, 4-doors, etc don't fit my own preferences. Eliminate the hydraulics, put some big 'n littles on it, beef up that slant and then it might tickle my fancy.

I would probably spend some time eyeballing it at a car show to see how they engineered the suicide doors while I admired their paint. I love seeing ingenuity.

Does it come with a "HOODIE?" I actually kind of like it.

Dosent look like anybody with an engineering degree has had hands on it. Bit then again im judgeing he fact they tried to "low ride" it. Shiny paint and spokes dont make **** go fast.

i sold this 70 coronet 4 door for 600 bucks in 2004. it was my daily driver and work car. I used the trunk for all my house painting gear. 318 , 727 . then it showed up on my local CL a few years later for 5,000 bucks. notice the rear doors lol

Attachments

• 4door.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 4doora.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 138
i sold this 70 coronet 4 door for 600 bucks in 2004. it was my daily driver and work car. I used the trunk for all my house painting gear. 318 , 727 . then it showed up on my local CL a few years later for 5,000 bucks. notice the rear doors lol

You gave that puppy away.

You gave that puppy away.

I paid 400 for it and bought it as a parts car , but I ended up using it. if I had only known what would happen to the prices 5 years later lol. you would shoot me if you knew what I sold my 70 plum crazy super bee for ...:violent1:

-
Back