65 Formula S 14 inch hubcaps

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Realistically speaking, what's a set of 65 Formula S hubcaps in VERRRY nice condition with no curb rash worth. I have a line on a set and would like to make an offer on them.

with no curb rash? they are hard to find- Minimum of $50 each- More if you want them to use on a car- you know how hard to find they are in nice shape with out edges scratched-
Aske him to give you a price first- Sell some moe stuff you don't plan to use if you have to.
Do you have anything to trade they might want?

Makes me curious about these on my car that seller had told me were coveted but I can't remember what they were?

Attachments

• 20141021_094901.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 199
Here are some pics, and the difference between 13" & 14"

Think those dog dish were on A body's as well

Attachments

• 65 Cuda caps 001.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 204
i have a set of those in the shed. get me the measurement from where it would clip on the inside of the rim. if they will work for you ill make you a good deal

i have a set of those in the shed. get me the measurement from where it would clip on the inside of the rim. if they will work for you ill make you a good deal

Look above at the 2 hubcaps and notice where the valve stem hole is on each. On the 13",
the hole is in the valley and on the 14", the hole is in the ridge. Also notice how far the hole is from the inner piece. The 13" looks like 1/8 to 3/16" away from the inner seam. The 14" looks like it is 5/16 to maybe 3/8 away.

If I were you I'd get'em.. For some reason I always thought he lug nuts held them on but they don't. I bought a set just as a spare for my '66 Cuda F/S in case I lose one driving or they get stolen off. Its safe to say know one will ever reproduce those 14" hub caps

If I were you I'd get'em.. For some reason I always thought he lug nuts held them on but they don't. I bought a set just as a spare for my '66 Cuda F/S in case I lose one driving or they get stolen off. Its safe to say know one will ever reproduce those 14" hub caps

The caps with the exposed lug nuts are 1967 through 1969 Barracudas. They actually clear the lug nuts instead of being held on by them.

The guy who has them wants me to make an offer on them so I may or may not be able to get them.

The caps with the exposed lug nuts are 1967 through 1969 Barracudas. They actually clear the lug nuts instead of being held on by them.

The 65/66 Formula S 14 inch hubcaps (as well as the 13 inch variety) are just like the 67-69 style in that the hubcap clears the lug nuts.

Use 2" tall closed end lug nuts for best results. They look quirky with acorns. Also the center likes to get loose and start clicking, inspect lock ring on rear.

-
Back