65a/rb440

-

Craven Moorhead

Reaction score
Well have had it out after upper A replacement and much needed general maintenance. Need to redo the homemade headers work on steering and brake master upgrades also going to redo wheels and interior. All in all it runs well 190-200 degrees 70 psi oil pressure. Working on a hemi hood scoop that will actually fit the car.

get-attachment-1.jpg

As you can see headers are in order, super heating fuel and brake fluid are just not a good idea.

get-attachment2-1.jpg

A pic of my m.cyl upgraded to top 2 posts,also had to customize an adj.pushrod for the master.Hope this helps you some?
car pics 66 Dart 194.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 195.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 194.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 195.jpg

Thanks for sharing that, it does. I figured I will need to relocate to run a dual pot master. The single is on top of the valve cover by 1/8" as it is.

Updated the rear wheels to a OE steel wheel adjusted the off set to center them in the space available should be able to go 12" wide.

1965_Dart2-1.jpg

Partner, we need a lot more info on your car!! There are a few guys here that are building big block cars, myself included.

Give us the details.

Need more pics also.

Thanks,
Mike

Headers are a home built attempt and although lots of work they need to be replaced. I just purchased a set of 15" x 3.5" Ansen Gyros for the front, can wait to get them on will post some pics when I do.

Thanks to 68 Hemi GTS for the M/T front runners they are perfect. Updating rear tires next taller and wider. Then its on to brakes and headers.

M&H Racemasters on, wheels and tires are done. New swap meet steering wheel. Falls in the air the winter projects on the way.

Attachments

• DSC00220.JPGrfw.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 773
  • DSC00193.JPG Right.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 793
Mini tub, leafs relocated the wheels are backspaced 4.5" The MH has a section width of 11.7 and a tread of 10" its perfect for what I have, could not have gone any wider.

Dude, thats trhe BADDEST old Dart I've seen! Add some wheelie bars and really fry some rice! I did a 451 but couldnt tub my rear, such a waste of HP onto 215's....

Finished the alignment this weekend, the cars goes down the road 100% better than when I started.

Attachments

• DSC00562.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 586
  • DSC00563.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 590
  • DSC00564.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 574
Hey Craven, did you center the axle in the wheelwell when you moved the springs in?

Thanks,
Mike

-
Back