65a/rb440

-
WoW,sure looks nice.Funny you say the A990 look,when I look at my little post car I see a smaller version of the A990 post cars.LOL.Have you ever seen a D-Dart?Google 444 group,very cool cars.JMO

Yea they sure do, that was one reason I went this route. They have the same look as the Big B Body stockers from the era but were not the super stock of choice. At 3000# with a big block it should be able to motivate fairly well. Even though its the Mopar that wasn't I think people will get it but dont really care if they don't I am building for me.

The early A's are so ugly they are cute but the 440 in the limited space is an ongoing nightmare.

Attachments

• DSC00704.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 284
I see that you have hot brakes to say the very least! On my 64 Dart 340 with fenderwells I had the same problem, what was done was that I have gotten a bracket from a van for the master cyllinder that located it up about 3-4 inches. I ll try to post pics of it on this site tomarrow. I know it would help!

I had problems ,but I ended up posting them on the photo galleries. Hope this helps someone. that bracket lifts up the master cyllinder and moves twards the front of the car about 4 to 5 inches.

Interior is done

Attachments

• DSC01212.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC01213.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC01222.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC01223.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC01225.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 246
Down the road I go, the work is never done but at least it is drivable again.

Attachments

• DSC01309.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 220
Radio delete, and the rare rear seat delete ! Looks very nice.

Looks great! I'm glad to see it on the street.

Do you have any header pics? What size primary tubes?

Thanks guys, headers are home made and on the way out. I have 67 super comp hookers to hack and remake or I may just have a custom set made. I am leaning in the custom direction that way I get exactly what I want.

I love your car, Ran my 65 a bit in the driveway today with open headers just to wake it up and get the juices flowing. Iv'e been cheating on her with my newly aquired 71. Still love the old girl though. Not sure the neighbors do after today.

I have been up and down on the chassis and have found this to be where it performs best. That up high look is cool but does not go down the road very well. I may go up a little more in the front but a 1/4 turn at the most.

Attachments

• DSC01375.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC01373.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC01354.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 191
Couple of updates a rear end girdle and an homage to my dad.

Attachments

• girdle.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 163
  • catch can.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 180
Decided to remove the body molding as the body has two distinct lines, upper and lower.

Attachments

• DSC01510.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 119
I just took the time to read every post in this thread, and I must say, you've done one hell of a job on your dart. Very clean, and inspiring to me. I hope that I can build my 63 in a similar fashion. Cudo's to you on this one..... Good luck with the custom headers when it's all said and done.

Thanks Abodyman, its been a fun little project some paint and a 4 point roll bar and its pretty much done for me,

-
Back