66 Dart Owners thread

-
Love the look DDart,what size are the tires?

The rears are 275/60R15 Comp T/A Drag Radials on 15x8's and the fronts are P215/70R15 Radial T/A's on 15x7's. The rears just fit with the SS springs on the car. Not sure if, or how far, the fronts will turn with fenderwell headers. I took them off and put the 14x6 vintage Radirs back on the car.

Wow those are some cool Darts !!!! DDart, I love those Cragers, whats the backspace of the rears ? My brake plumbing ........

brakelines008.jpg

Last week I had some free time so I did a time swap on my D/Dart. The wheels and tires were on my 64 Belvedere and I wanted to see how much tire I could get underneath it. What do you think?

DAMN that is nice!!!!!!

Wow those are some cool Darts !!!! DDart, I love those Cragers, whats the backspace of the rears ? My brake plumbing ........

brakelines008.jpg

The numbers on the Cragar box are --- #61815 -6 STD. In doing the math, my son and I came up with 4 1/4 backspacing.

The tires are pretty close to the inner fenders above the wheel lips. The wheel lips on my car were turned up a long time ago. I don't think the 275's will rub, but if I was going to put these on the D/Dart, I would go with a 255/60R15. The 275's are about 10" of tread width and 11" at the sidewalls. The SS springs help a lot on the clearance. This is the car with the vintage Radirs that came on the car when I bought it.

On my '64 Belvedere, the car that the Cragars actually go on, one side is really close to the inner fender. Again, a 255 might be a better fit on this car also. Or it needs SS springs also.

DSC00498-for-web.jpg

I,ve got 255/60/15 t/a,s on my 66 Dart with rallys,they,re close to the lip on the 1/4,s but no trimming.I,ll try and post pics. tommorrow.Oh and 14,s on front.

GREAT IDEA, finally.... a site dedicated to 66 Darts. I have loved these cars since the first one I had in 1971. Both my Kids came home from the Hospital in that car. Our present ride is shown in the photos, if I can figure out how to send them. The car is nearly new. Almost every thing is new or rebuilt. The motor is a Blueprint 408" crate motor,TTi exhaust system, a rebuilt 4 speed with 3.23 gears and new posi unit. 4 wheel disc brakes. These are just a few of the upgrades. I will post more info and photos later if I can figure out how to send the photos. Good luck with the site. I think it will be a hit.
Thanks,
Benny

pic12 (800x600) (640x480) (634x275) (550x239) (150x65).jpg

Here's mine 66 Dart 270 Wagon, 273, auto, PS, A/C, Disc brakes.

Thanks to the PO for upgrading to dual master and new stainless lines, rotors,studs, calipers and hoses!

DSC00795 (Small).JPG

DSC00791 (Small).JPG

DSC00796 (Small).JPG

Last week I had some free time so I did a time swap on my D/Dart. The wheels and tires were on my 64 Belvedere and I wanted to see how much tire I could get underneath it. What do you think?

Those Cragers look good on that car but biggest trire on the rear on my car is a 235/60/15 on a 15X7 with 4.5" BS I can't see how those would fit without rubbing

I just looked through your post. You've come a long way. The work you've done looks good. Keep us posted on your progress . toolmanmike

Here are some photos of a D-Dart I owned a few years back. The car had 6200 original miles on it when I got it. Talk about sweet. The original 273 was long gone, replaced by a 69 440" big block. The only mods. to the engine compartment was the removal of the inner fender wells and replacing them with stainless sheet metal. The drivers side exhaust was acomplished by using a pass. side ex. manifold instead of the dr. side piece. This allowed the exhaust pipe to exit near the front of the motor. The only problem with this was I was limited to very small ex. tubing up front. The motor was bored .060 over and it had a tendancy to over heat. It was a bear to drive with manual steering and the front brakes were useless after one hard stop. Buttoned up as it was , it still ran like a Texas Race Horse. The reason I had to let it go was I had no place to keep it out of the Louisiana weather. I had a one car garage and an AAR Cuda at the time and believe me, it was a hard choice as to which car was sold.
Thanks,
Benny

66 Dart0005.jpg

66 Dart0004.jpg

66 Dart0001.jpg

Pettyblue: Dang those 255's fit in there nice! Looks like there's room for more. LOL How wide are the wheels and the offset again. I'm sure you told us before. Looks great! Boy I sure like black 66's. That's a nice one and hard to sell I'm sure. toolman

Rallys are 15x7,backspace is 4 1/2 inch!Hope this helps Toolman?They are close to the lip,I think if you had more B/S you could go bigger,but you,d be pushing your luck!

It's easy to post but tricky to reduce photos that are too big. what are you having trouble with? toolman

Here's mine...bought it as a parts car but haven't decided what to do with it yet. /6, auto, GT. It runs fine, doesn't stop too good right now but it did when I got it. The only major piece I am missing is the hood.

Dave

66Dart 007.jpg

-
Back