66 Dart Owners thread

-
Every car can be saved, this one has rotted out doors, fenders, wheelroundings, floorparts, holes in firewall, has fallen through right front suspension.
Restored they bring about 5K over here, not much interest, it would be difficult to make a profit. This one is about 8 to 9 times more worth in parts what I paid for, if I sell most of the parts on average prices.
I just missed a much nicer 4dr '64 Barreiros 4sp for the same $...
Maybe my parts can help someone else to restore theirs.:rock:
Have 9 cars, and 4 partcars (3 A's and 1 C-body) that are now in pieces stored in every corner on my property.

I'm looking for wheel well trim and headlight bezels for my '66, do you still have these items and how much. Thanks. Kevin.

Installed the trim strip and did a little reinforcing underneath the front of my Dart's hood to keep it from flapping above 135:

Attachments

• ZbrHood08.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2,427
  • ZbrHood07.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 2,288
  • ZbrHood06.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2,209
The Video commercial at the top of the page kinda look like mine, Toolmanmike :
Boy it sure does. Very nice drop top. tmm
Here's my '66 Valiant Signet
Nice Valiant. There was a 2 door post car for sale at the Elmhurst Illinois swap meet last week. tmm

I'm looking for wheel well trim and headlight bezels for my '66, do you still have these items and how much. Thanks. Kevin.
I wish I could re-pop those parts. Every 66 Dart owner on the planet needs the headlight bezels for sure. Be patient. They come up here for sale every now and then. tmm

Installed the trim strip and did a little reinforcing underneath the front of my Dart's hood to keep it from flapping above 135:
I haven't been paying attention. Fiberglass or stocker with the reinforcement removed? tmm

looking for 15 x8 rims in sbp if any 1 has a set

15x 8's will fit with about a 4 1/4" backspace and the wheel lip rolled. and certain sized tires. Measure carefully, especially the tire to spring clearance. One side is tighter than the other.

Winston --- Nice car. Love those early Cudas and Valiants.

Per your PM to me.
The D/Dart has 3412002-3 Super Stock springs on it. These springs do not have the "P" on them so they are from the late 60's or early 70's. This makes them at least 45 years old.

The shocks are Chrysler P/N 2948077. I don't know what they are from but they are real long. I believe they are also around 45 years old.

The steel wheels are 15x6's with a neutral offset. Mounted to the rims are M/T ET Drags that are 28.0/9.0x15's. The cross section of these tires are 10 1/4". I had to put a 3/16" wheel spacer on the passenger side to space the tire away from the leaf spring clamp. I should have gone further but the I have stock length wheel studs in the axles. So the passenger side is the tight side.

Love your convertible tmm. Nice car Winston. Cool Dart ddartdude and very nice Valiant Signet furious56 !! I look forward to browsing trough the rest of the cars here.

Does anybody know where I can get the right gas tank sending unit, for a 66 dart or any early A . I'd post pictures but don't know how. The original one had a long straight wire arm with a float on it. The one I got has a short arm with the float and at half a tank it only reads 1/8 of a tank. Thanks in advance

Does anybody know where I can get the right gas tank sending unit, for a 66 dart or any early A . I'd post pictures but don't know how. The original one had a long straight wire arm with a float on it. The one I got has a short arm with the float and at half a tank it only reads 1/8 of a tank. Thanks in advance
Try Laysons.

Try gas tanks.com also.

Love your convertible tmm. Nice car Winston. Cool Dart ddartdude and very nice Valiant Signet furious56 !! I look forward to browsing trough the rest of the cars here.

Just a correction, The convertible belongs to 66DartConvertible.

If you want the same exact look, good luck! You'll have to fix your old one or combine it's plumbing with the slightly later electronics. It seems the replacement senders (with the enclosed potentiometer) don't have the same resistance as the earlier senders (with the open potentiometer), which causes the inaccuracy in the gauge.

I love your paint job, ddartdude!
I think I've seen it elsewhere on the net when I was googling for paint job inspiration. That is a clear contender for my project.
It looks like this right now. I've already posted this pic a couple of times but toolmanmike pointed me towards this dedicated '66 dart thread so here it is again.
It's a GT that's gotten a little work over to accommodate a 360 with a 727. All the body work done by the previous owner.
I hope the pic shows up. A little tricky working the forum on the iPhone.

edit once more: Alright. Got the picture up.

Attachments

• Foto 2015-05-31 12 41 46.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 436

Rock Auto.Com has them in stock.

Here's my '66 Valiant Signet

Looking for headlight doors and wheel well trim. Also, have a very clean, all original '66 Valiant Custom 200 2dr htp with only 95,000.00 original miles on it up for sale. Seats just reupholstered including rear dash, tons of recent work performed on it. Awesome daily driver & super cheap on gas. Has the 225 Super Six and 904 3 spd automatic. I'll try & load some pictures of it later. Thanks, Kevin

I've had it for about 6 years now. I found it in the woods. I've done some things to it. No real plans. I like driving it. Would like to do some rust repair but don't know how. yet.

I'm with you there. I can do some mechanical and electrical but a body man I'm not. There used to be night courses at the local tech school but not any more. I need to find the time to take mine apart for body work but life is too busy right now. Keep us posted on your progress.
tmm

Here's a video from a couple years ago. The vid of the initial start up wasn't all that good.

Last edited by a moderator:
-
Back