66 dart top help

-
Reaction score
Been putting a 66 Dart together and getting close to finishing it. Was wondering if anyone has some info on the channel that the weather strip on the top's header attaches to. Mine was missing and finding anything has been a needle in a haystack. The pic is a older one but I'll to put some newer ones together.

dart3.JPG

Been putting a 66 Dart together and getting close to finishing it. Was wondering if anyone has some info on the channel that the weather strip on the top's header attaches to. Mine was missing and finding anything has been a needle in a haystack. The pic is a older one but I'll to put some newer ones together.

those pieces are either good on your car or toast (mine was) it's a simple C style channel but it has compound curves in it to match the header
DSCF4140.JPG

DSCF4143.JPG

oh and there are 2 side pieces that go with it
I had to make mine
0803121713.jpg

0803121713a.jpg

0803121714b.jpg

0803121729.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the good pictures. Don't look to hard to fabricate. Thanks again.

your welcome.
the side pieces are easy.. the center compound curve piece... ehh not so easy. I have been to 6 fabricators and they all just say no. it's pretty much a stamped operation on a tooling die to get the correct curve. I'm still looking. I might make one from ABS if I can ever get caught up in my todo lists and just vacu-form it.

your welcome.
the side pieces are easy.. the center compound curve piece... ehh not so easy. I have been to 6 fabricators and they all just say no. it's pretty much a stamped operation on a tooling die to get the correct curve. I'm still looking. I might make one from ABS if I can ever get caught up in my todo lists and just vacu-form it.
Actually while looking at your pictures and a quick daydream/brainstorm at work I thought of DIN strip. it's used in power supplies to install overloads and drives etc. But it comes in different profiles, just have to take measurements. I'll update if I come across something usable.

-
Back