67/68/69 cuda dilemma

-
well said Ranigirl,

in some cases the pen is mightier than the sword, or in this case the keyboard. words do hurt, and like they say you only hurt the ones you love. probably because you get.comfortable to say anything, and realize that person still loves you no matter what. i love my wife, i am a bit hurt, but that doesnt dampen my love for her.

i think putting words out there on the net like that is kinda wrong anyways, because the person getting offended doesnt know the context in which the words are written. case in point, i can type in ."your such an A$$" and depending on how its said you could be joking or serious by your voice tone. words typed dont have that, only whst the reader percieves them to be. sure caps and punctuation help convey the context of a printed sentence, but not everybody uses them this way.

its ok, she said she was joking , and didnt mean any harm, but seemed to be upset last night when i got home from work. i didnt pry, but when things calm down where we can sit ant talk about what happened on facebook , and each explain our actions and reactions everything will be a bit better. keeping the line of communication open, and seeing the other persons point of view weather you agree with it or not is always important.

Just agree to disagree

I would just agree to do my own thing. Nothing against married people but that is why I stay single.....I had a guy tell me one time that its just a hobby and its not that important.......and I was like ...."hey buddy its a lifestyle and you mess with my cars or tools, there is going to be trouble"

Well I didn't tell him that out loud but I thought it to myself (didn't say anything) ....but now someone is no longer in my contacts list ....yea

Matt; Steven Young, here, the guy that sold you some BCuda Grilles, I believe off of Ebay. You have a hard decision. My advice is to keep it all 69 Cuda, they were really great Cars, especially the NotchBack. Mopar finally got the Notchback Right in 1969, the Graphics are the best and it was the Coolest of all the Notches.

--- DO NOT BUY THE REPRO 69 CUDA GRILLE STUF...it is the worst. Hold out for some decent Grilles/Header on Ebay. Since the repro Crap has come out, prices on the OEM Grilles have become Cheeeep. Dont buy a fiberglass Header Panel for the car either. You will be sidelined by bad fitment problems and the fiberglass piece actually weighs MORE than the OEM steel.
KEEP IT 69 and have a long talk with the Wifey about Chevelles and Camaros...CUZ IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN, MISSY!!!!

Udate, got some nice 69 fenders, upper and lower valances, inner fender shields, and some other parts. Keeping 69 cuda for my son.

IMG_49631.jpg

IMG_49621.jpg

IMG_49591.jpg

I don't think the latter part of this thread really is about what year the car is or will reflect as a finished product but more about the problems with getting hobby participation.

Really when you go to shows its the same ol same ol. What kind of future is that for a hobby. I am sure the mopar community don't want to end up like street rod community which has disappeared as the way we knew it even ten years ago.

It also shows how evil facebook can be if not kept in check. The tongue is as powerful as a sword and in this case a key stroke has equal power. Don't really matter what the car is or going to be its the pride and enthusiasm in our hobby that is at stake.

have you hugged your mopar today
agree w/ rani, build it w/ the parts you have, only make it fast. just to shame the slower crowd. only mopar people will know the diff.

We must have different definition of roached. I wish I had that car to start with...LOL
I have 67 notch 273 car convert BB tunnelram, Nitrous etc in.
I have 68 grill assembly in it because at the time, that was better than the 67 with flimsy aluminum grill sections I had, 34 years ago.

I got lucky. Was in the right place at the right time. Buddy called me about the parts, i went to look, thought my head was gonna pop off when i saw those fenders. Sucky part is a year prior to getting it, i parted out a 74 dart moredoor, and it had a perfect hood that i sold. I coulda used it on this cuda had i known i was gonna end up with this one, and the stuff i just bought. Just some more pieces to the puzzle.

--------------what ??---------
Yes belly button muscle car

I got me a camaro.
Yeah me too

I got me a chevelle
Yeah me too

I got me a trans am
Yeah me too

When you go to shows and all you see are chevelles, trans ams and camaros, thats a belly button muscle car. It seems like everybodys got one. I prefer old muscle you dont see a lot of at shows.

I got me a belly button
Yeah me too

Oh, and by the way, i have an 07 mustang GT that i really love. so i too suffer from belly button muscle car syndrome.

I got me one of those mustang GTs
Yeah me too

LOL

Well a new update. I now have a proper 69 rallye dash frame, gages, plastic trim bezels, dash wiring, a new dash pad cap, glovebox door, and much more in pieces needed to put the correct dash back in this car. A big Thanks to Cosgig for dealing with all my crazy requests for the pieces out of a rotted beyond belief 69 fastback he was stripping out. And a second thanks to greyhound freight. Without the "fast dog" freight this deal wouldent have been possible. I have also slowly collected up more 69 specific parts including a decent used center tail panel, taillights, reverse lights. And a 74 dart hood that will work just fine for this.

I have also rounded up some M body brakes, and swapped the discs and caliper brackets to cordoba big brakes, and am headed out tomorrow to score an xploder 8.8 with 3.73s, a locker , and disc brakes. Little by little i am collecting up the raw material to redo this one and save it from the dead.

Last edited:
Ok my son and i decided to put this 69 dash together just to get all the pieces that came from basically everywhere all in one place, it will be taken back apart for the frame to be sand blasted and everything restored later.

20171210_111644.jpg

20171210_113108.jpg

20171210_132153.jpg

20171210_132218.jpg

20171210_132301.jpg

Very cool Matt, very cool. Any time you can get them involved is time that can't be beat by anything. He looks happy, very cool.

gdrill, did you notice the rear in the backround? Thats the fresh pulled xploder 8.8 for the 69 cuda. 3.73 with a locker and disc brakes. Front will be M body brakes w cordoba big brake setup.

Also got a nice accuform dash cap for the 69 dash for the big buildup

Yes I did. Figured that was an 8.8. I installed the same thing in a 53 International pickup. Super easy and super nice. Easiest disc brake conversion out there.

Yep and the parts are fairly inexpensive. Rotors on this one were smoked. I think it was driven metal in metal forever. The rotors are no **** damn near paper thin. I was pleasently surprised that bendix rear rotors are $15 each from rockauto.

Yes it is nice to actually work with something that isn't outrageously priced! And you know parts will be available for these just about everywhere, unlike some other stuff we work with!

Tell me about it. I got $1300 in a mopar 8.75 all because i liked that sexy welded cover and drop out 3rd member. Had to piece that together by hunting parts from everywhere. Had i known about the xploder swap 6 years ago when i started on that odessy i woulda went straight to the salvage yard and looked under ford xploders for a good one. Heck depending on how easy it is to shorten and mod this one, i may still do that and sell this rebuilt/restored 8.75.

Not sure what going rate is on one of these in A body width with new yukon axles BBP, green bearings, new motive gear 3.73s eaton trutrac locker, completely rebuilt 10x2.5" drum brakes w kelsey hayes finned drums, and brand new brake lines. If i do that, i would want top dollar for it since it will be essential a rebuilt axle with zero miles on it. Have no idea what i can get out of it.

This dash wiring in this thing is all set up for a light package, and has a map light, but no switch to turn it on. So how does the map light setup work on a 69 if theres not a seperate switch to turn it on independently of the dome light.

Prob ought to post pix of the next item for the 69 notch. Xploder 8.8 3.73s with a locker and rear discs. Got a bunch o work to do on this one

downloadfile.jpg

I have a spare map ligh switch and map light plate. I just got to get the wiring plug, and i may wire it in w a switch under the dash like my 67 is.

Tell me about it. I got $1300 in a mopar 8.75 all because i liked that sexy welded cover and drop out 3rd member. Had to piece that together by hunting parts from everywhere. Had i known about the xploder swap 6 years ago when i started on that odessy i woulda went straight to the salvage yard and looked under ford xploders for a good one. Heck depending on how easy it is to shorten and mod this one, i may still do that and sell this rebuilt/restored 8.75.

Not sure what going rate is on one of these in A body width with new yukon axles BBP, green bearings, new motive gear 3.73s eaton trutrac locker, completely rebuilt 10x2.5" drum brakes w kelsey hayes finned drums, and brand new brake lines. If i do that, i would want top dollar for it since it will be essential a rebuilt axle with zero miles on it. Have no idea what i can get out of it.[/QUOTE ]

Did you finally get the gears set up?

Last edited by a moderator:
-
Back