67-68 Barracuda owners...your help please.

-

CigarAdvisor

Reaction score
Hi everybody - just wanted to take a quick second to introduce myself, my name is John and I'm the Managing Editor for a soon-to-debut app magazine called Cigar Advisor.

I'm reaching out because I could use a little help from someone who's an excellent photographer. In our debut issue, we're going to be running an "overlooked and underappreciated" feature on the second gen Barracuda (67-). And I apologize in advance for not knowing my A bodies that well, but I think we can include '68 in this discussion too? Anyway - the help I need is with photos. The stock photography out there for '67 and '68 Barracudas is, well, awful. I need images (as high-res as possible) that we can include in the piece that are, let's say, creative. Think calendar-worthy. We have a 500 word essay that's going to go along with the pics, but it's good photos that are going to tell this story. So I need your pics!

If this sounds like you: solid photog skills, access to a 67 (or 68) Barracuda in complete/restored condition, can shoot hi-res images and willing to work with me in a collaborative effort to come up with some creative shots (I have an idea of what I'm looking for, but want your input too), and knows a thing or two about lighting - drop me a PM, I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks in advance for your help, everybody - I'm out of the office until Monday, but will be getting back to everybody asap.

Best,
John

Tell us more about this deal. What would it benifit the car owner to provide you with this information? What are you paying for the rights to publish the photos and related materials?

Thanks for your question! That's pretty much the deal in my post above...We're launching an e-magazine that has info on cigars, and lifestyle related articles that we think people who smoke cigars would like. One of those things happens to be classic cars. So, we picked the Barracuda...and we'll have the article in our first issue.

To answer your first question, what would it benefit the car owner - well, if you enjoy the idea of having your car be the subject of a photo essay in a small digital magazine, and don't mind being named by name as owner of the car and getting some recognition for it, then there's a benefit.

As far as paying for the photos - yes, I'm happy to compensate you for your work, but the rate is not necessarily up to me; if you're a freelance photographer, you generally have an established rate to shoot to spec (# of hours, # of pics, etc) and a portfolio I can review. So if I like your portfolio and I can afford you, then I'll hire you and give you a photo credit. If you don't have an established rate, then we can certainly discuss a rate at which to compensate you for your time, based on your prior work. Or, if you have a portfolio on file that has already been shot - and I want to license or purchase pictures from it (there is a difference)...pretty much the same deal as above, depending on your rate and if I can afford you. Just please keep in mind that, as you pointed out, we're associated with Famous and not a major publisher - we're a small, family-owned business.

Here's the bottom line - I'm looking for someone who has a Barracuda, knows something about photography, is passionate about their car hobby and wouldn't mind getting their car placed in a digital magazine. Preference given to those who do it because they do it for the love of it - kind of like us, and cigars.

Just want to be as open as I can be, as well as fair and forward! Again, anyone interested, feel free to drop a PM with your details so we can touch base.
Thanks!

Very Cool! If my '68 Barracuda Fastback was done and was digital magazine worthy, I'd send you nice pics for free. Just for the love of it. :) I hope you find the perfect candidate.

I should mention that '69 Barracudas are essentially the same car, they should be included with the '67-68.

In fact 1969 is the year they introduced the 'Cuda (as an option package, as opposed to '70-74 where it was a distinct model), the 383 was vastly improved over the '67 and '68 versions, the 440 became available (only with the 'Cuda package and with an automatic transmission), and the mod-top packages were available (flower pattern vinyl top and interior - very Hippy, iconic late '60s).

Very cool idea, Sent ya a pm bout dads cuda....he smokes cigars too...I take lousy pics tho...

Attachments

• DSCF7923 (Medium).jpg
    114 KB · Views: 218
better pic...if it werent fer the ferd in the background...

Attachments

• DSCF7528 (Medium).jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 183
Another one...

Attachments

• 100_2463 - Kopia.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 196
Ma Snart has thousands of pics of 2nd Gens.

My good pics of my 69 Barracuda 340 Convertible are in my gallery below, but here are a couple:

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

I smoke cigars and take pics, but no Barracuda :angry5: AND I just got through reading your article on how to grow your own tobacco two days ago!

-
Back