67-68 Cuda trunk lid differances

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
Ok I bought a pretty clean trunk lid for my 67 Barracuda fastback last year from a member here.He told me it was a 67 lid but when I picked it up at the Nats he said it may be a 68 lid.I know the lids are probably the same other than maybe the holes for the trim and panel.But the trim and panel look to be the same to me as well.So what are the differances between a 67 and 68 trunk lid?

Thanks,Jim

Ok I bought a pretty clean trunk lid for my 67 Barracuda fastback last year from a member here.He told me it was a 67 lid but when I picked it up at the Nats he said it may be a 68 lid.I know the lids are probably the same other than maybe the holes for the trim and panel.But the trim and panel look to be the same to me as well.So what are the differances between a 67 and 68 trunk lid?

Thanks,Jim
Here is a 68 decklid. The holes for the trim are different. 67 has a center trim piece where the 68 doesn't. The 68 trim is at the top and bottom with the center painted body color or red reflective tape.

Attachments

• progress 007.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 155
The outer shells are basically the same. I have a NOS '68-'69 without any trim holes. If ya look at the crash sheets from back then, you got a certain amount of time to drill the trim holes!
The inner skin/frames are different '67 to '68/'69. The '67 in between the bent reinforcement/say frame there is only 1 layer of metal which is the outer skin. On '68/'69 the entire lid is 2 solid layers of metal. I have some examples if ya need pics. Or you can post pics of yours.
Also the inner frames have different access cutouts and holes to access the nuts for trim clips. A '67 is a lot different than a '68/'69 on the underside but the exterior metal will work for any '67-'69.

-
Back