'67-'69 Barracuda grille inserts

-

RzeroB

Reaction score
At first I thought that the grille inserts for the '67-'69 Barracudas were all the same. Then I read somewhere (this Forum maybe?) that each year is different - a different style and I think a different composition (aluminum vs plastic or something?)? The differences must be subtle 'cause I never noticed it before. Could some of you guys enlighten me on the differences and maybe show me in pics?

Thanks!
Tom

The 67 and 68 use the same surround , just the grille insert is different. The headlight bezels are also the same, although i think one has an extra screw hole!

69's are a different animal completely!! Geof

There is a thread here with many many pictures of 2nd generation Barracudas. Once you study them a little you will see many of the differences.

Between 1967 and 1968 there are differences in the black steel mounting locations on the aluminum shell and the inserts mount different also.

This is a 1967 grill.

Attachments

• DSCF0580.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 173
The back half of the park lamp fixture in the 68 grille is part of the molded plastic insert.
The 67 grille has a metal grid insert and their park lamp fixture is a completely separate assembly bolted in.
This post just to point out one of the differences not so easily seen in pictures.
my 67/8 hybrid...

I now see that the differences are not so subtle after all. Thanks for the illustration guys!

Cheers!
Tom

-
Back