67 Barracuda convertible

-
Excellent fab work. I didn't even know rear valences were avail. Thanks for the pics on the mods, very helpful.

Grant

Thanks Grant, I got that valance from Laysons, and even though I had some trouble with fitting it, the quality of it was much better than most every other panel I`ve installed.

Yeah, I'm thinking about cutting mine up and rewelding it before trying to fit it........

That would be a great idea, it would be a much better finish.

I just found this thread and have been reading through. Very Impressive. I did have a question regarding the front grill work you were doing and the broken studs. Where did you find replacement studs or did you use a screw with the same threads and just cut or grind the head off. I have several broken on a 68 and I have taken the trim completely apart and trying to figure out what to use as a replacement. Just up the road from you in Richmond, VA.

I just found this thread and have been reading through. Very Impressive. I did have a question regarding the front grill work you were doing and the broken studs. Where did you find replacement studs or did you use a screw with the same threads and just cut or grind the head off. I have several broken on a 68 and I have taken the trim completely apart and trying to figure out what to use as a replacement. Just up the road from you in Richmond, VA.

Hello Richmond neighbor, I used stainless screws and brazed them to the grille frame then ground off most of the head.

i need to do the exact same body work on my 67 notch. rear quarters, rear valence, inerfenders, and lower fender patches. and thats just what I know about. you did some really good looking work.

I hope to get the engine installed next week, all 180 neck breaking horses. LOL! With the help of a couple of FABO members the engine`s nearly complete and except for a (taller) throttle cable bracket and an air cleaner, it`s ready to go. I want to get the drivetrain in and then I`ll start tackling the RUST again!!!
LOL, yeah..lots of laughs at the 273's expense, but the horsepower was rated differently in those days. Bottom line, my stock commando burned the rubber when those big fat secondaries opened up and I got about24mpg.
At least you won't be crying at the pump

-
Back