67 Barracuda Door/Window Question

-
These are he rear.

20240801_173015.jpg

20240801_173023.jpg

Wow, that is interesting. Any idea if that was an option on the 67 or if it came later?

Maybe only the notchbacks came with them in the back seat.

These are the front arm rests I ordered from Classic that arrive this Saturday. Hope they fit.

The ash trays are kind of nostalgic, but I am glad they are not on the replacements.

IMG_0313.png

Ha, my wife just got a peek at that red interior and loved it. Thanks for posting that. I guess the front passengers can use the ash tray in the center console and dash. My 67 barracuda is a fastback so unlikely to have arm rests in back. I was just curious because I ordered new door panels and not sure what to expect when they arrive.

That Red Dart is " @red67gts " Joe is his name. Maybe he can give some imput ! He has two of em. His and Hers !!!

Thanks Al, yes our rear has arm rests with ash trays. Nothing goes on front arm rests, ash trays were console and dash only for the front.
Rear arm rests were an option.
@4spdragtop does your FB have rear arm rest ?

Ha, my wife just got a peek at that red interior and loved it. Thanks for posting that. I guess the front passengers can use the ash tray in the center console and dash. My 67 barracuda is a fastback so unlikely to have arm rests in back. I was just curious because I ordered new door panels and not sure what to expect when they arrive.

I'm not sure if your door panels are 67 cuda either. Im not nit picking, just informing you of a lot of discrepancies from 67-9 cudas. Lots of 1 year "oddities" lol.
Our 67 had "deluxe interior" option, so door panels were different from standard interior.

KISS principal for your non-working windows.

Pry off those door panels and WD40 everything.
You will be amazed that your windows will probably free up or if not, you will probably be able to see where the problem is.
Remember to hold the glass and move it along with the wind up crank. This will take the stress off getting them started.
Don't forget the rear ones. They NEVER get lubed.
---------------------------------------------------
Once you are done, use the thick lube grease to hand grease all the contact points. WD40 dries up after awhile.

Never seen a Cuda door without a bottom door vent, any year.

KISS principle.JPG

I like the idea of lubing everything up and seeing how much it improves window operation - the cost is good too because my elbow grease if free. The rear windows have never been down since I have owned the car. I will spray them down too and see if they will budge. I have a nice new can of PJ Blaster - thinking that will work in place of WD40?

I rebuilt a 67 from bare bones. The worse job on the whole project was getting all the windows back in and working and adjusting them all.
. If you can get them all lubed up and working with what you already have , IMO that's a big plus.

One of mine had no rear arm rest either !
20240802_114856.jpg

Must have been a trim upgrade.

Doesn’t the location of the door lock give some identification hints? Further forward is 67?

Or has that been mentioned?

My door has a door lock hole in the middle that has been welded up and grinded smooth. That is one reason I am thinking they are 69 doors.

Here is a picture with the door panel off. Also, the arm rest from Classic fit perfectly!

I have been working the tracks inside this door with lube and silicone spray. It rolls up and down much better but still gets tight at the bottom of the roll. Wondering how hard it is to pull the entire rolling mechanism out of the door so maybe I can soak it in lube for a while.

IMG_6884.jpeg

IMG_6885.jpeg

Here is a pic back together. This side still has the cap under the wing vent. All windows working great now. The rear windows were a bit of a challenge, but I soaked the window operator in PB Blaster, then cleaned, then used silicone spray.

The rear door panels had cutout holes for an armrest that can be seen from the backside.

All I need now is the replacement panels from Classic.

IMG_6887.jpeg

-
Back