67 Barracuda Door/Window Question

-
So I found only 2 obvious differences between your 69 door and a 67 door.

67 door (yellow is where the butcher went crazy to mount speakers)
PXL_20240803_224045747~2.jpg

69 door
Screenshot_20240803-164133~2.png

This does not account for the internal differences.

Okay so I think the conclusion is final. I have 69 doors on my 67 Barracuda. The armrests are from a 67 and the lock moved to the rear of the door to make it look as close to a 67 as possible. The door panels are also from a 69, but I have 67’s on order. Once completed, I think the missing door vents and the window vent plastic caps will be the only telltale signs of the 69.

From a fit-up standpoint, the exterior trim near the door handle does not match up perfectly. Maybe this is another slight difference between and 67 and 69 door? See pic below.

IMG_6898.jpeg

, I think the missing door vents and the window vent plastic caps
Get a plastic cap that fits the hole.
Get a short chrome or stainless Phillips head screw and screw it into the plastic cap, insert the cap.

I ordered a couple of caps from Detroit Muscle using the link posted earlier in this thread - thanks! Will experiment with one when they arrive. So did Plymouth leave the screws chrome or did they paint them black?

Interesting. I have two extra 67 Barracuda doors and both have vents at the bottom. Also used to have a 67 parts car and its doors also had the vents. Plus, of course, my 67 Barracuda driver. So I figured they all had them.

Just when you think you know something as a fact after several decades, turns out that it may not be as universally true as you thought. :realcrazy:
my 68 has them..

I sanded down the drivers door this morning for re-painting and you can see where the old door lock was welded up, ground down, then moved to the rear of the door. Thought I would post a picture since it is a bit odd. The re-paint came out beautiful!

IMG_6937.jpeg

IMG_6940.jpeg

-
Back