67 Barracuda front suspension

-

67/6barracuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,
Im getting started on my front suspension. I figured id throw up a few pics and post with the intent that you guys can give me a few tricks of the trade as I go along busting knuckles. This is my first time messing with my completely worn out suspension. I gathered some new 1.03 PST torsion bars, Moog k-7040 strut bushings, rebuilt UCA and LCA. I already snapped one of my upper control arm cam adjuster bolts. Ive only got as far as lowering the LCA torsion bar adjuster bolts. Then hit everthing with some WD40 and PB Blaster with any luck I dont go snapping anything else.
new suspensionjpg.jpg

driverside suspension rebuild.jpg

Driverside cam adjusting nut.jpg

Just be careful with the new cam bolts. There's a bunch running around that don't have the flat cut far enough down the bolt, which causes the eccentrics to bottom out on the bolt before they tighten on the UCA mounts.

Got all my new suspension button up. I took the lazy way out and used a cut off wheel to get the old worn slant T-bars out. Everything went together well upper/lower control arms and PST T-Bars. Noticed one of my outer tie rods had excessive play. This snow balled into a hassle. First I bought new MOOG outers. So I thought, turns out I got one inner and one outer. No problem I continued to drive on. Well the ball joints are fused to the tie rod sleeves I soaked them with WD-40 no luck getting them to budge. So i decided to spend the money on the aluminum sleeves from PST $59 later. They don't seem to work with the Moog ball Joints; excessive play seems like the tolerance are off with the thread pitch. Probably should keep all brand specific with Moog ES319L's, ES319R's, and the ES319S sleeves. I think it will fit better in the end. Too bad because these PST sleeves are pretty nice.
PST Sleeves.jpg

Please send me a pm with your details. You should have not had an issue with the sleeves. I would like to try and clear up your issue.

Thanks
James

Please send me a pm with your details. You should have not had an issue with the sleeves. I would like to try and clear up your issue.

Thanks
James
Good job, James. This is why I would only buy from PST.

20170414_173435.jpg
20170414_161856.jpg
Good job, James. This is why I would only buy from PST.
James is a good dude he took the time to look into my concerns and assured me if the sleeves don't work out he would make it right. But after tighten everything up I don't think ill have a problem.

I brought my car to PEP boys with specs for the max perf. street chart and asked the sales manager if their tech had experience aligning older cars. No problem he says...three hrs later the poor tech with sweat poring off his head says he got as close as he can. You alignment guys let me know how my numbers look. I got the life time alignment so I could always bring it back. Rides great and just in time for me to enter in my first car show today and win the most ugly car. I am so proud, gotta start somewhere. The show was in my small town on main street of Crestview Florida Good Times!!!!!
Carshow20170422mainstreet.jpg
Mostugly20170422.jpg
Alignment chart1.jpg
barracuda alignment.JPG

Ugliest Car? That's very rude! And I doubt it was the ugliest!
Glad she's up and running!

Jeff

-
Back