67 barracuda tail lite question.

-

tekslk

Reaction score
What would be the brightest bulb to put it my car for brake and turn signal? Is anything brighter than another?

4 factors that make those lights dim,
Lenses darkened with age,
Little or no reflective properly in the cavity
A single 1157 bilb in such a large fixture
Current loss ,less than 12 volts reaching the bulb and weak chassis ground path.
There is a Sylvania long life bulb that is slightly brighter, has a nickle plated base and a different number that I forget.
Many will suggest a LED
My solution was to butcher the fixture enough to add bulb sockets similar to the 68 fixture design.

Anybody no anything about these?
HALOGEN #1157 TAIL LIGHT BRAKE STOP TURN SIGNAL LAMPS BULBS PAIR 12V 30/10 H1157

found this 34906-SL0-A01 after the 34906 do the rest of the number matter? there are honda bulbs on ebay with diffrent last numbers.

found this 34906-SL0-A01 after the 34906 do the rest of the number matter? there are honda bulbs on ebay with diffrent last numbers.

There you go. About $5.00 or so at Honda or cheap if you go to the U Pull it salvage yards and get a hand full. Common on the 94 up Accord, Civic and Acura. Most likely other Hondas too.

I bought the honda lights today part number 34906-SL0-A01 well worth the money.

What would be the brightest bulb to put it my car for brake and turn signal? Is anything brighter than another?
Clean and polish lenses If you do that they will be perfect,use 1157 bulbs.
If some rear ends you, you are covered. If you change there are **** lawyers
out there and you will be sued. like every one said pm Dan.And also
the insurance company might not cover you.(THATS Just the way it
works) Pm slantsix dan he knows.
Darryl

Dan recommended the change and my insurance company isnt that bad. Most of us guys here in Pa just turn the other cheek.

2057 is a brighter bulb & wont cost that much(if any) more than the 1157. The 1157LL bulbs are just supposed to be a longer lasting(LL) version of the 1157. Not any brighter. You might want to check Sylvania's website & see if they list the wattage of the bulbs, or go to a parts supplier & ask to look at their catalog. You don't want to go too hot of a bulb because you may start to melt the lenses or sockets if for instance you are sitting in traffic with your foot on the brake. Bulbs get pretty hot. Eastwood sell a good reflective chrome paint to restore the reflector in the tail lamp, but you will have to disassemble the light to use it.

Found this:

What is the wattage of a 1157 bulb?

Answer:

A standard 1157 bulb has a 5 to 8 watt dim element and about a 21 watt bright element.

An aftermarket 1157 LED bulb is between 3 an 5 watts total.

-
Back