67 cuda FB progress UPDATE

Metallic GunMetal Grey with Gloss black stripes or Flat black stripes?

• Total voters
-
Now your picking up steam.....long winter will give you ample time to reassemble.

Re assembly will be a long road as well. I still have many pieces of this puzzle to acquire and not much money to do it with. Interior is the biggest cost for me in the near future.
I need to purchase all new seat foam, covers, headliner, door panels, carpet, window cranks, armrests, center console parts and the list goes on. I still haven't cut out the transmission hump to accept the linkage to the transmission. I need to install the trans and measure for making the cut and figure out the correct location for welding of the console brackets in place as well as the shifting linkage brackets.

I still haven't purchased the passenger side vent glass to replace the broken one that came with the car. I have a question for anyone who is in the know.
Is the vent glass the same for 67, 68 and 69 Fastback barracudas and are the interchangable with any other A-bodies?
Everyone I contact about replacements, tell me "SORRY, NO VENT GLASS FOR A 67 BARRACUDA FASTBACK" I see them on Ebay from time to time but number one, I don't trust them and number 2,m I don't know what side it is. By that, I mean is it a left hand or a right hand? That has always been confusing too me. DO you say it's left hand if looking at the car from the front? Or right hand if your looking at the car from the back? I'm feeling a bit ignorant, but any info would be great.

I bought a left (driver side) vent window assembly from a former member that had a 69 FB. He wanted to keep the vent window glass to sell it with a right side that he had. My 68 Notch vent glass fit fine.

Don't know if the 67 window is the same.

I still haven't purchased the passenger side vent glass to replace the broken one that came with the car. I have a question for anyone who is in the know.
Is the vent glass the same for 67, 68 and 69 Fastback barracudas and are the interchangable with any other A-bodies?
Everyone I contact about replacements, tell me "SORRY, NO VENT GLASS FOR A 67 BARRACUDA FASTBACK" I see them on Ebay from time to time but number one, I don't trust them and number 2,m I don't know what side it is. By that, I mean is it a left hand or a right hand? That has always been confusing too me. DO you say it's left hand if looking at the car from the front? Or right hand if your looking at the car from the back? I'm feeling a bit ignorant, but any info would be great.

Car side is determined from the driver seating position. So as your sitting the driver side is the left side and passenger the right.

I may have the wing window your looking for....let me know if you want me to look.

I have a question where can I find a rebuild kit for my 3 speed gearbox? Anyone? Lots of places to get 4 speed rebuild kits but no 3 speed!

Car side is determined from the driver seating position. So as your sitting the driver side is the left side and passenger the right.

I may have the wing window your looking for....let me know if you want me to look.

Momoparman.
Sorry I didn't !respond sooner. Our power has been out as well as internet access due to wind storms and heavy rain. I do still need a wing window. I.E. vent window for the passenger side. Or as you put it, the Rt. side. My existing glass appears to be NON-tinted.
Thank you for looking

Momoparman.
Sorry I didn't !respond sooner. Our power has been out as well as internet access due to wind storms and heavy rain. I do still need a wing window. I.E. vent window for the passenger side. Or as you put it, the Rt. side. My existing glass appears to be NON-tinted.
Thank you for looking

So do you need blue-greenish (AC glass) or clear?

I have a clear one. In decent shape but it does have some tiny spatter dots from welding.

It would probably clean up pretty well with mothers polish and some elbow grease but if your looking for a perfect glass then this one is not it. If the rest of your glass is good then I would look to ebay for one.

I have seen several on there starting around $20.00.

If you want to take a shot at mine it would be $10 plus shipping.

Thanks,

I have a clear one. In decent shape but it does have some tiny spatter dots from welding.

It would probably clean up pretty well with mothers polish and some elbow grease but if your looking for a perfect glass then this one is not it. If the rest of your glass is good then I would look to ebay for one.

I have seen several on there starting around $20.00.

If you want to take a shot at mine it would be $10 plus shipping.

Thanks,

I appreciate it, but all my existing glass is like new, so I will find a new one to replace my broken wing (vent) glass. Thank you for looking!
So, did you say that the wing glass is the exact fit for a 67, 68 and 69? Seems like most listings say they have it for a 68 or 69 but seldom any for a 67.

Looks great, sure is fun getting to this point. Congrats and keep up the progress! Nwdart

Thank you for all your help...
You always seem to have the info. I'm looking for. Much appreciated.

No problems I have restored three barracudas and helped on another. I definitely learned from many mistakes.

Keep up the pace....one thing a day.

Ok, the day finally came. Or should I say night.
We got the car in sealer a day ago and last night My brother and I shot the color on.
I really wished I had a decent camera because cell phone cameras don't show the look. This was the best and easiest car we have ever painted. No issues at all and went down so flat it is amazing. The clear will be shot in about an hour from now.
It was 1:30 am this morning when I drove home from his shop. Here are some pictures of the Metallic gun metal grey. I gotta say, I'm really digging the matte finish look it has now without the clear. Anyways, I will post more pictures after clear coat. Then wet sand, then more clear coat, then wet sand, then buff. I'm tired already!!!

View attachment 1219141808.jpg

View attachment 1219141808a.jpg

View attachment 1219141808b.jpg

View attachment 1219141808c.jpg

-
Back