67 Plymouth Valiant Signet 2Dr Sedan with 273 & A/C

-
Nah,it ended up selling. But people kept beating up on the price when it had a rebuilt 340,727,rad, new 8 3/4 posi,new ss lines,rebuilt front suspension so I pulled all the new stuff & put used stuff on it. They still beat me up on the price but I wasn't going to lose as much & most of the parts went on my new valiant.

Pic update

Attachments

• Picture 1298.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 713
  • Picture 1312.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 689
  • Picture 1311.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 694
  • Picture 1310.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 678
  • Picture 1309.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 684
  • Picture 1308.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 694
  • Picture 1307.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 702
  • Picture 1306.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 699
  • Picture 1299.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 705
  • Picture 1297.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 698
A few more

Attachments

• Picture 1316.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 680
  • Picture 1315.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 703
  • Picture 1314.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 691
  • Picture 1313.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 704
All work is being done in my driveway as you can tell. I have taken so many cars apart through the years that I know where every bolt,screw & clip goes by memory :). I do take pics of how some things go back together for reference. I am considering going & removing the front suspension there if they will let me. I had to leave it on to use the tow dolly.

The blaster will have it for a week,then I will go make sure they did everything I told them. Then it goes to the body shop to get the paint done & the strikers repaired then it comes back here for reassembly. The outter shell will still be in primer since I will be doing the whole car at 1 time.

I am rebuilding & resealing the heater/a/c box at the moment & anything else that needs to be done before the car comes back.

You going back with air conditioning? That body is nice and solid, doesnt look like you will have any issues after blasting.

I might,but will have to use the 70 & up stuff for the motor since the 340 has the alum water pump. I still have all of the original a/c stuff I pulled off incase I ever put the original drivetrain back in.

Hey, Chuck. Keep us posted with pictures.I'm hopefully gonna fire up my Valiant next weekend. It's been 2 1/2 years. Too long.

This thing is super clean! Nice project!

Is there a "social group" on the board for us 67-69 guys? If not we should make one! :)

I wish,I have years of swapping & resto info to share for 67-9 Valiants. If you look on Valiant.org I am listed as a supplier. I'm just a hobbyist but I've been messing with 67-9 Valiants for about 15 years. If you post a pic of a bolt,screw or a clip I can tell you were it goes. I need a life! lol

It should be if it's an AZ car or at least a west coast car. I bought mine from CA & don't regret it. The bolts come off like new & there is no rot :)

Welp! Here is an unhappy update. I had a call today from the blaster saying that my car was done so I went to take a look & here she is. They blasted EVERYTHING,even the s**t I told them not to. I now need to locate a rotisserie asap! I went & talked to my body guy & he said he can't paint the underside while it's on jack stands. They blasted my new KYB shocks,front suspension,rear suspension that I had just done :(. Does anyone have a rotisserie I can rent or borrow within driving distance? This extra crap is gonna kill my budget & I'm praying that I don't have to replace parts that I already put on there.

Attachments

• Picture 1325.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 653
  • Picture 1324.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 661
  • Picture 1323.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 667
  • Picture 1322.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 668
  • Picture 1321.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 661
  • Picture 1320.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 648
  • Picture 1319.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 670
  • Picture 1318.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 661
  • Picture 1317.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 655
  • Picture 1326.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 652
A few more pics

Attachments

• Picture 1331.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 680
  • Picture 1330.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 655
  • Picture 1329.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 648
  • Picture 1328.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 654
  • Picture 1327.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 638
just my 2 cents. i would get the steel painted (primed, etched what ever you wanna call it) as fast as possible, then go back and fix stuff.
if you were close i have a rotisserie.
that is a clean body. nice!!!

They are priming it too,I just hope they don't prime the tires in the process. I actually have a local buddy who has a rotisserie & will be picking it up. Thanks for all the help & offers! I am going to Rhino liner the under side,inner fenders & wheel wells since they took it this far. This was going to be a quick restofication but now has turned into a full blown resto. I will have to inspect the rear & front suspension joints & shocks for sand damage before I reassemble it. On the bright side,I can take the k frame,arms & spindles in to be powder coated if $ allows.

Welp! Here is an unhappy update. I had a call today from the blaster saying that my car was done so I went to take a look & here she is. They blasted EVERYTHING,even the s**t I told them not to. I now need to locate a rotisserie asap! I went & talked to my body guy & he said he can't paint the underside while it's on jack stands. They blasted my new KYB shocks,front suspension,rear suspension that I had just done :(. Does anyone have a rotisserie I can rent or borrow within driving distance? This extra crap is gonna kill my budget & I'm praying that I don't have to replace parts that I already put on there.

Please do everyone a favor and let us all know where NOT to get things blasted.

Good luck ... I feel for you.

I went & picked her up today & had a chance to look things over a little better. They sand blasted my rotors,lost 1 of my trunk sliders,put multiple tiny dents in my dent free hood & only knocked an additional $200 off the bill BUT at least it is in MY possession now. It does look pretty good even though they went further than I wanted to go. I dropped it off at the body shop earlier and have to go back to discuss the work. The 1 side of the trunk floor where a bunch of pin holes are seems pretty weak to the body guy. They at least took the wheels off to prime them. They are repairing the hood & repriming it so I can pick it up sat. This is the only pic I have & will get more tomorrow.

Attachments

• Picture 1332.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 605

Attachments

• mopp_1002_04_+1967_plymouth_valiant_signet+ed_lara_jr.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 616
  • mopp_1002_03_+1967_plymouth_valiant_signet+engine_view.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 628
  • mopp_1002_02_+1967_plymouth_valiant_signet+front_angle.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 617
I remember that car and article. Im thinking rallyes would look nice on mine with the color that I went with. Everyone says now that ive painted it that the slotted mags dont look right and im starting to agree.

-
Back