[SOLD] 68/69 Dart GTS Power lump hood - New pics !!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparhunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Contact seller
68/69 Dart Power bulge / Lump hood
Clearly, it’s off of 69 because it has the 340 emblems in it. But the hood itself is a 68 or 69 style in very good shape .
At this point, I’m going to say pick up only not interested in shipping. I am keeping the chrome off the edge of the hood but that’s it.
Located in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada.

$800 Canadian

IMG_0610.jpeg

IMG_0609.jpeg

IMG_0612.jpeg

IMG_0611.jpeg

I think swinger just had a stick on dodge emblem didn't it?
Swinger has three holes drivers side, GTS had two in the middle. Looking for a real GTS hood with the holes in the middle. The holes they must have been welded or bondo'd up, easy to see from underneath...

custom has 3 holes driver side...my 69 hood has no holes
Then it is an AMD aftermarket hood, they don't come with holes. ALL 69 bulge hoods either had three holes on the drivers side for the DODGE lettering or two holes in the middle for the GTS lettering, no exceptions...

I’ll have to look tomorrow I don’t know offhand but I believe this came off of GTS it’s definitely an original hood not a re pop

I’ll have to look tomorrow I don’t know offhand but I believe this came off of GTS it’s definitely an original hood not a re pop
There are three circular holes in the underhood bracing on the drivers side for the Swinger and they are on all 69 hoods, and there is a large opening in the middle where the GTS lettering would go. Easy to see if they were filled in...

Then it is an AMD aftermarket hood, they don't come with holes. ALL 69 bulge hoods either had three holes on the drivers side for the DODGE lettering or two holes in the middle for the GTS lettering, no exceptions...
Mine is oem and definitely never had holes. Maybe the car it's from was in a wreck and had it replaced and the body shop just never drilled it.

custom has 3 holes driver side...my 69 hood has no holes
"Custom" ? Are you referring to a 1969 Dart Custom or you're saying it is "Custom " meaning it has been customized ie not factory correct. You also state " my 69 hood has no holes" meaning it never came with any badging?? IIRC all 69 darts had some kind of identification insigna on the front of the hood. Also I'm presuming we are talking about a power buldge hood with the 340/383 callouts ? No disrespect but I believe it should or it had something?

Mine is oem and definitely never had holes. Maybe the car it's from was in a wreck and had it replaced and the body shop just never drilled it.
Possible, yes for sure. That's the only reasonable answer. Ordered from the parts department back in the day and never reinstalled the badges.

"Custom" ? Are you referring to a 1969 Dart Custom or you're saying it is "Custom " meaning it has been customized ie not factory correct. You also state " my 69 hood has no holes" meaning it never came with any badging?? IIRC all 69 darts had some kind of identification insigna on the front of the hood. Also I'm presuming we are talking about a power buldge hood with the 340/383 callouts ? No disrespect but I believe it should or it had something?
Yes to 69 Dart Custom and yes to 340 bulge hood

That is a nice hood, so about $584 American. Too bad I am not allowed in Canada anymore...LOL..

Good luck with sale, man o man I wish I had the means to drag that home.

Nope, for the crime of being an American that was stupid at one time, and a Canadian dictator that hates Trump...
I hear ya. Sounds familiar except I was young and stupid only on this side and only recently have been fortunate to travel back and forth.

Yes I can , sorry I haven’t been to the shop for a few days ( sick ) I’ll get them next day or so - I believe the mounting area(s) are perfect .

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back