68 Barracuda 225 to 440 to 426

-
Out with the six pack hood and Hemi hood test fit

2E31CD66-7951-4B54-9FB8-E3C1EEA54FD0.jpeg

IMG_9651.jpeg

Test fit and clearance for velocity stacks, and air cleaners. A little fiberglass work, smooth out and off to the body shop to paint.

IMG_9782.jpeg

IMG_9790.jpeg

IMG_9791.jpeg

IMG_9792.jpeg

IMG_9824.jpeg

IMG_9825.jpeg

IMG_9826.jpeg

IMG_9852.jpeg

IMG_9853.jpeg

Always open for suggestions. its a must to keep the tail pipes.

I would modify the (bottom) sides of the gas tank similar to what was done for wheelie bar clearance on the California Flash OEM fuel tank. Likely lost 1to1.5 gal capacity . If extra capacity is needed, add an incognito separate spare tire well fuel tank plumbed thru existing holes in the spare tire well.

Last edited:
Hoods painted and bolted on. Just have to do the hood pins and the stanchions for the scoop.

IMG_0112.jpeg

Really wanted to use this wheel. But trying to find an adapter that I was happy with the looks using a 68 69 steering column. It was not happening with anything I found. So I ended up taking out my restored column and using a 70 floor shift steering column. I had to sand down the ignition bump out area making a nice circular hole. From another spare column housing I cut out a circular patch, also cut out a patch for the flasher switch in the 70 column to fill in. Tig welded both of them very happy with the outcome. Then had them light textured powder coated. Same as the dash. Reinstalled everything added the tuff wheel adapter and steering wheel.

IMG_9121.jpeg

IMG_8962.jpeg

IMG_8983.jpeg

IMG_8982.jpeg

IMG_8986.jpeg

IMG_8985.jpeg

IMG_8984.jpeg

IMG_8989.jpeg

IMG_8994.jpeg

IMG_9029.jpeg

Last edited:
Next Battery tray and shut off switch

Fix a small leak at the brake valve. Waiting for the brass washer.
Sneak peek at the grills going together. Picture of a pinstripe on the headlight bezel
My short list
Front bumper
Install Rear tailgate and trunk trim
Finish the rear side panels and rug them.
New driveshaft install
Starting the car
maybe a test drive
Reinstall the rest of the interior

IMG_0123.jpeg

Rear fastback rear side panels. I did not what to see tubes and wanted the back seat in. So I worked and stretched the side panels. My buddy mad dog finished them up and primered them. The carpet is on now.

IMG_8086.jpeg

IMG_8089.jpeg

IMG_8088.jpeg

IMG_8821.jpeg

IMG_8820.jpeg

A LOT OF NEW CHROME!

I finally finished the front grills. I disassembled all the grills, I drilled out all the tube rivets. I sent out all the Aluminum grills surrounds and headlight buckets to be triple plated chrome. Had all the brackets powder coated. The inner plastic grill inserts, I sent them out and had them triple plated the plastic. The inner grill surround pop metal I also send out and triple plated. Triple plated the parking bezels, NOS lenses and cleaned up the parking light housing. Reassembled of the surrounds with tube rivets is a lot of work. Paint the inner part silver. (That was not easy finding the correct silver and texture). Everyone That makes grill paint says the have the correct formula, WRONG! I ended up making my own, matching my NOS grills and comparing them to my unrestored 68 Barracuda. S pinstripe the black around the grills. Finished assembling the the rest of it.

IMG_0153.jpeg

IMG_0154.jpeg

IMG_0180.jpeg

IMG_0181.jpeg

IMG_0193.jpeg

IMG_0194.jpeg

IMG_0197.jpeg

IMG_0198.jpeg

IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_0315.jpeg

Impressive. Who did the plating? Did they also prep and fill scratches and blemishes on the aluminum as part of the process?

-
Back