68 barracuda coming home to Michigan

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
Well it's time to post a new thread on my latest accusations. The new barracuda is on its way from Alabama. It's alittle ruff but supposed to be fairly rust free other then surface rust and one small aera on the passenger side lower front Fender. The car is supposed to be all there but we'll see come Monday.
20131206_152209.jpg

20131206_1521571.jpg

Here's a couple shots of the car

I'll keep everyone posted the car runs but hasn't been started in a year. The interior is all there its a bucket seat console car. I'm getting excited but optimistic about the condition of the car. I think I got a good deal but time will tell.
Aaron

cool

I would love to hear how transport went
im thinking of buying a California car and having it send to MI

This will be the thrid time I've used Uship and the other two times I had good experience with.
Aaron

This will be the thrid time I've used Uship and the other two times I had good experience with.
Aaron

are the prices about the same each time or is it a crapshoot?
and if that longhaired grumper gets the lowest bid are you stuck with him or do you have the option of picking the second lowest bid?

I live in Alabama. Where in bama was it? Just curious if it this was one of those cars that was right down the street and I missed it. Like the 68 fastback 340 car that was 1/4 mile from me and I didn't hear about it until the guy was dragging it out of the yard.

are the prices about the same each time or is it a Caroot?
and if that longhaired grumper gets the lowest bid are you stuck with him or do you have the option of picking the second lowest bid?

Once you work out the details there's no cost to post until you decide to book, going through the posting process Uship will give you a average price paid to ship from point A to point B and there's scale for price range, you can go low, average, high then they give a %of if your auction will be bid on.
When I first used them there was alot of mom and pop shipers, this times it seemed to be more larger trucking companies.

I live in Alabama. Where in bama was it? Just curious if it this was one of those cars that was right down the street and I missed it. Like the 68 fastback 340 car that was 1/4 mile from me and I didn't hear about it until the guy was dragging it out of the yard.

It was in Tuscaloosa stashed on a guys farm.

Reminds me of my first car only mine had the leaning tower of power.

I would rather have Roy than Jarrett.

no way, if jarret screws it up he is man enough to admit he had a certain moment and make it right

that other guy will screw things up, set you 3 days behind schedule and then send you a bill for all the time wasted due to his incompetence

Well it looks like there's a bit of a delay in delivery the hauler was loaded on the lower levelof his hauler and ccouldn't get the barracuda on the top level of the hauler. I was hoping to take delivery on Monday but now let's hope for the end of the week.

Well I got word today the barracuda is loaded and in route to Michigan it should be here by the end of the week.
:burnout::blob:

Well I got word today the barracuda is loaded and in route to Michigan it should be here by the end of the week.

Well, you did tell them to deliver it here didn't you, I only live about 20 minutes or so from you.

no way, if jarret screws it up he is man enough to admit he had a certain moment and make it right

that other guy will screw things up, set you 3 days behind schedule and then send you a bill for all the time wasted due to his incompetence

Lol, Jarrett is always late and ends up damaging the cargo. I wouldn't want him smashing up my car and then deducting a couple hundred off the bill. Roy is an asshole but he gets things there on time most of the time and it isn't damaged once it is in his trailer. A person that has their goods shipped has a responsibility to make sure it is in shippable condition. Can't put a 20 foot and a 20 wide load on any trailer and expect to haul it across country. I can't blame anyone for getting tired of dealing with some of the idiots they come across.

Sweeeeeeeeet.

Lol, Jarrett is always late and ends up damaging the cargo. I wouldn't want him smashing up my car and then deducting a couple hundred off the bill. Roy is an asshole but he gets things there on time most of the time and it isn't damaged once it is in his trailer. A person that has their goods shipped has a responsibility to make sure it is in shippable condition. Can't put a 20 foot and a 20 wide load on any trailer and expect to haul it across country. I can't blame anyone for getting tired of dealing with some of the idiots they come across.

Sweeeeeeeeet.
see, that's where I disagree
if I post that I have a vegas sized die that needs to be transported from GR to knob hill (just an example) and the die is 20 by 20 by 20 it is NOT my problem if some joker with a 20 by 20 by 19 van bids on the job and it doesn't fit

ultimately the shipper bids on the job knowing the specifics and it is HIS responsibility to ensure he has both the equipment and the skills to get the job done...or call Mark to pull his chestnuts out of the fire

see, that's where I disagree
if I post that I have a vegas sized die that needs to be transported from GR to knob hill (just an example) and the die is 20 by 20 by 20 it is NOT my problem if some joker with a 20 by 20 by 19 van bids on the job and it doesn't fit

ultimately the shipper bids on the job knowing the specifics and it is HIS responsibility to ensure he has both the equipment and the skills to get the job done...or call Mark to pull his chestnuts out of the fire

I total 100% agree. The shiper did try and say it was going to be alittle more to ship but all it took from me was a reminder to look at what was posted by me and it clearly states that the car runs but hasn't been started for over a year and that the seller would be there to assist you with loading and good tires would be on the car. And they backed right off and did what they said they would..
Aaron

now you did give my address in shelby twp. right! Nice ride enjoy her!!!!!!

I just talked with the shipper the barracuda will be here this evening
Since no one has asked about the power plant I figured I share this pic
20131130_152224-1.jpg

The car looks ruff but has loads of potential

It would be easier for the shipper to just drop it at my place being I am close to Ohio. I wouldnt want the shipper to have to drive too far being it has that way heavy big block in it.

It would be easier for the shipper to just drop it at my place being I am close to Ohio. I wouldnt want the shipper to have to drive too far being it has that way heavy big block in it.

Sorry chryslerfat but he's got come thru Indiana so no stops in Monroe. I've been waiting over 15 years for another BB Barracuda and I can't wait to take possession....

-
Back