68 barracuda fastback, notch back parts interchangeable

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
I was wondering what parts are interchangeable mostly on the exterior but interior as well.
I just picked up a 68 notch back that's in ruff shape and a guy locally has some fast back doors and glass and some misc parts and was thinking about offering a deal on the lot but i need to know what can be interchangeable
Thanks all
Aaron

Windshield, doors less the glass, trunk trim, rear valance, tail lights and the complete front end on the exterior are the same.

On the interior just saying from the front doors back and the head liner is different would be the simplest.

Hey Toad, The deck lids will not interchange, although the moldings will, as long as they are the same Model year. I have lots of parts for both if you need any help. Just for the know, some Dart parts interchange as well. Keep the shiny side up. David

The doors and glasses may not the same either. They changed with body type and year model. If you know for sure a door laying separately cane from identical car, you're golden. If you and/or the seller are guessing, you are gambling.
A member here has a glass interchange book that could help.

The doors and glasses may aren't the same either. They changed with body type and year model. If you know for sure a door laying separately cane from identical car, you're golden. If you and/or the seller are guessing, you are gambling.
A member here has a glass interchange book that could help.

What is different between doors if both cars are the same year? I have swapped them numerous times by simply changing the glass.

What is different between doors if both cars are the same year? I have swapped them numerous times by simply changing the glass.

I didn't mean to say the doors of same year aren't the same. You cant be sure its a 68 door even if the owner took it off of a 68 car.

-
Back