68 Barracuda Notchback

-
Well the last month and a half the Barracuda has been neglected.. Trying to get the 64 D100 road worthy for the summer. Pretty much re-wired the whole truck. Cleaned up the inside floor and seat and new rubber seals on almost everything. Defiantly leaning a few thing along the way that will come in handy on the 68.
The wiring was really bad. AMP gauge melted wire, scary..
52.jpg

Invested in a wall of wire. May try and make all new harness for the 68 after this.
60.jpg

Used some Eastwood Rust encapsulator Plus and really like the results.
32.jpg

Now June is Barracuda month. Need to get the paint striped and the car ready for body work and paint.

Well the 64 is now done for the summer and driven most day to work. Waiting for the snow to fly to do some suspension work on it.
Wheels.jpg

Spent some time this weekend on the 68 getting some paint stripped off. Picked up some of the Cooper's Stripper online. Very happy with the results. Picked the worst quarter that i know had some filler in it and tried it out.
75.jpg

Yes, i am sticking with the original color. I may even stick with the original white over black interior.. Still on the fence on that one.

Also noticed that Sunday was the one year anniversary of bring the car home.. Wow how time flies. I better pick up the pace on this build. Need to try and get it into epoxy primer before the snow flies..

Last edited:
-
Back