68 Barracuda trunk lid medallion

-

Inspector71

Reaction score
Classic Industries sells the Barracuda in the circle emblem for the rear trunk lid. My 68 never had one atop the deck lid. I googled images and turned up some 68s with and most without the emblem. Is this a hit and miss option, something its supposed to have, or maybe only for the Formula S? Thanks

Classic Industries sells the Barracuda in the circle emblem for the rear trunk lid. My 68 never had one atop the deck lid. I googled images and turned up some 68s with and most without the emblem. Is this a hit and miss option, something its supposed to have, or maybe only for the Formula S? Thanks

Misprint or wrong information.

The circle "S" was on only on 1969 rear trunks and it was applied to the 69 only one piece trunk trim.

In 67 and 68 it was just on both front fenders.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. The medallion is the fish, the Barracuda, in a circle like the one on the hood. I just hadn't seen one on the rear as well.

i know 67 had them. i do not know which 68 had or did not have them. sorry no help, but wold also like to know.

Misprint or wrong information.

The circle "S" was on only on 1969 rear trunks and it was applied to the 69 only one piece trunk trim.

In 67 and 68 it was just on both front fenders.

not what he is asking. he's talking about on the top of the trunk lid and also they are on the hoods.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. The medallion is the fish, the Barracuda, in a circle like the one on the hood. I just hadn't seen one on the rear as well.

Sorry I misunderstood.

In 67 it was on top rearward on the trunk AND it was on top forward of the hood..

In 68 it was only on top forward of the hood.

medium_67_Barracuda_Emblem.jpg

I looked at my 68 sales brochure. You maybe right about only the formula s
having one on the trunk. The ones that weren't formula s don't appear to have one. But it is a bit hard to see on them the pictures are either too small or at a weird angle.

Mine doesn't have one and there are no holes for one. On the under side of the trunk lid you can see the cut outs in the the lid frame web were they would drill the holes through the lid.

Attachments

• 1968 Plymouth Barracuda-03.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 3943627580_9f840f4094_z.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 116
I looked at my 68 sales brochure. You maybe right about only the formula s
having one on the trunk. The ones that weren't formula s don't appear to have one. But it is a bit hard to see on them the pictures are either too small or at a weird angle.

Mine doesn't have one and there are no holes for one. On the under side of the trunk lid you can see the cut outs in the the lid frame web were they would drill the holes through the lid.

Sales brocures have a lot of wrong info in them. Those cars are all airbrushed over in that 68 brochere. It has other errors too.

My original 68 formula S trunk does not have a rear fish in a circle emblem. Nor any holes that were filled under neath that area.

All 68's did not have that emblem on top of the rear trunk.

Sales brocures have a lot of wrong info in them. Those cars are all airbrushed over in that 68 brochere. It has other errors too.

My original 68 formula S trunk does not have a rear fish in a circle emblem. Nor any holes that were filled under neath that area.

All 68's did not have that emblem on top of the rear trunk.

If you check the 1968 parts manual it will confirm this.

my experience has been:
67 had a circle/fish emblem on the hood and the decklid.
68 the hood only.
i have never seen the emblem on a 68 decklid.

I stand corrected. Thanks. I guess they do that to make it more appealing to a possible customer.

Like I said my 68 doesn't have any holes for one either on the trunk.

Is the 67 trunk flatter then the 68's . The 68 has that little ridge down the middle and the emblem wouldn't sit flat.

-
Back