68 dart 440

-
thanks, i had them very smooth, down to 400. the problem was the intakes are a sand casting, and very porse, so the metalic laying on the sand in the aluminum wouldnt stand up to the heat and wouldnt bite into the aluminum, the porocity (spelling?) was just too much for the metalic. is there away around this?

got em back today, came out good, some little pits but i cant complain. should be able to put the top end on for good tonight
dodgedart079.jpg

I really think you will be happier with them black. I have chrome valve covers and it seems I have to clean them a lot. I used to have black valve covers on another engine and I never cleaned them as much as I do the chrome valve covers.

That's a nice looking radiator! Does it dump on the right?

I love the look of those intakes but I hope you sealed the hell out of your valve covers, it would suck to get a leak and have to change them.

theyre sealed very good, its not to hard taking the intakes off for now at least ha. when the linkage, fuel lines and air equalizer tube goes on it would be a little more work

Yeah definitely a hydraulic cam and lifter set up here, no solid lifters for this one eh? Looking really good, a unique and meticulous build! :thumbup:

Next to fresh paint, hearing a new engine roll over for the first time is pretty exciting. Your car is looking and sounding great!

Awesome job! Looking at the color of your car makes me feel a little green too. I cant wait to see a video of the 68 jumping sideways. How is the 67 convertible coming along? You have done such a amasing resto on the 68, with all of the new parts. I can only imagine what the convertible will turn into. Have you started a thread on it?

thanks, and the 67 convertible is my old mans. im not sure what he wants to do with it. hes contiplating like a pro street but streetable with a roll cage and all tubbed out with a hemi, or do something not as wild but a good street machine. hes got a million ideas im not sure what he wants haha. and yes i did take it for a ride up the street! i couldnt get on it much cause i only had 3 lug nuts on the tires, but they do chirp very easy :)

im speechless on the car, its freaking beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great color, i like the choice of going with the long cross ram intake, awesome dash, and again color...green and black, awh! :cheers:

Mate, i just spent part my afternoon reading your thread and i gotta say well done man!!Even if its not to everyone's style, it certainly is top quality and has the muscle to back it up. Well done on the crossrams, nice to see somethin a bit different. Look forward to seeing a story on it in a magazine somewhere.

western mass.
well got the interior about 90% done still gotta put the door sills in and waiting for the kick pannels
dodgedart104.jpg

dodgedart105.jpg

dodgedart106.jpg

dodgedart107.jpg

dodgedart108.jpg

dodgedart109.jpg

-
Back