68 dart manual steering

-

newby

Reaction score
Anyone have a schematic or a link to a drawing of steering column breakdown for 68 dart? I have an inch of travel in and out of the column. I know from previous threads there is a collapsable part in there, but I'ld like to know before hand if possible what I'm in for.Thanks in advance guys.:book::?:

If you can move the wheel up and down, you have a problem around the upper bearing. Either the retainer is loose or the circlip is out of it's groove. Pull the wheel, it should be obvious.

Anyone have a schematic or a link to a drawing of steering column breakdown for 68 dart? I have an inch of travel in and out of the column. I know from previous threads there is a collapsable part in there, but I'ld like to know before hand if possible what I'm in for.Thanks in advance guys.:book::?:
It would be easy to tell if it was callapsed by looking at it. There could also be a snap ring missing or broken in the column.

That's the problem it's not obvious. You can pull back on the steering wheel and it comes out about an inch and stops. I'm a little apprehensive in just pulling it apart without having a clue what could be missing or what to really look for.:banghead:

-
Back