69 Barracuda rebuild

-
Started on the body last week. It is going well. The 440 is almost together and I have boxes of parts just waiting to be put on. The body work is the part I hate the most. :spiderma:

Photo-0028 (Medium).jpg

Photo-0030 (Medium).jpg

Photo-0031 (Medium).jpg

I'd say go red, but not that I am biased toward red or anything............

either way, silver or red will look good.

Yea I like the Red But only a few nice silver ones are out there. Never seen one at any local shows. I think I am keeping silver. Here are a few pics from today. Got the fuel system and brake systems installed.

Grey car, grey road, grey day... just kidding. I wont go into that rant again. :)
My 68 notch parts car was originally grey with maroon guts. If I were to decide to street that car again I probably wouldn't change the color.
Added lighting and / or reflective stripes would surely go on it though.
Keep up the good work.

Nice find.............Whats wrong with a bit of both.Silver with red stripes and have a GOOD pinstriper run thin black lines to border the main stripes.

Silver car with red in t, red stripes and detailed stripe edges in black.

Photochop that bag doggy please.

Nice Ride By the By.

Interesting wheels you have on the front. What are they?
:-D they are mustang wheels. I didn't have any other 15inch rims to clear the disc brakes. Going with the coys 17'' c-5's after I get her painted.

Nice find.............Whats wrong with a bit of both.Silver with red stripes and have a GOOD pinstriper run thin black lines to border the main stripes.

Silver car with red in t, red stripes and detailed stripe edges in black.

Photochop that bag doggy please.

Nice Ride By the By.

Thanks, Whats a bag doggy?

You know, a bad doggy......one that tears up the paper...pees on the rug...runs out into the street in front of traffic....bites the neighbor. But you can't help but think its cool.

In other words...trouble....but in a good way.:snakeman:

A few more pics today. Now it's time to pull all the windows. I alway have a problem with the trim. That might be the worst part of the body work.:toothy10:
Hopefully it will be a bad doggy.:cheers:

02102009029.jpg

02102009032.jpg

02102009036.jpg

02102009037.jpg

The 68 GTX is mine and my old mans. He sold his 68 back in 1970, his was identical to this one and he always wanted another. We found this one in CT on Ebay(good eye) in late summer 08. He waited 38 years to reunite. I had a Yellow 1970 super bee a few years back and got him dreaming again. LOL I am rebuilding the front suspension on it and going over a few other things to get it ready to cruise this summer. Here is his original one in the first pic taken in 1970 and this one in the 2nd.

10.jpg

shop pics 002 (Large).jpg

-
Back