69 D-100 brake lights asap!

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
I'm posting this here instead of over on sweptline.org because they are slow and it could take 3 years before the respond.....

The only thing not working on the 69 now are the brake lights. I have a new brake light switch, a good fuse, the turn signals, running lights and hazard flashers work, when I put a test light on the white wire on the turn signal cam it comes on and off with the pedal but I get nothing at the tail lights. I have checked the grounds at the bezels and they are good. Any ideas?

Tis link has a good diagram of what I am working with.

http://www.sweptline.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=19664

Yeah, they used all the left over distributer connectors anywhere they could on these trucks. The be wires all check out. I am almost certain it is something under the dash.:read2:

If I read what you wrote correctly the turnsignals at the rear of the truck work? If yes, then the white wire (S17 / 16WH in your diaghram) going to the turn signal switch you said also had power when you pushed the pedal? You mentioned the power was at the cam on the turn signal switch? I would guess the turnsignal switch is bad. All the rear stop/turn signal power comes out of the turn signal switch!

GOT IT!

Turn signal switch is toast. The truck cam with another one that works but you have to hold it for the turn signals to work. I will put it in and order a new one Monday. Thanks for your help.

-
Back