69 Dart Brake Light Problem

-
G

gtskid

I can't seem to find the problem with my lack of brake lights. All the usual items have been checked including the brake switch, bulbs etc. I've done a continuity check on the wiring from body wiring hrness up front to the tailights. They have been intermittent at times and the turn signals work.
Thanks for any suggestions.

checked your switch at the pedal with a test light? if so, then you may have to trace the continuity from the beginning of the rear harness( in the left kick panel) to the taillights and see if there are any breaks.

If the problem was in the wiring. The turn signals wouldn't work ether. Check
the turn signal switch. Power feeds from the brake switch through the turn
switch. I would start under the dash.

I have a brake light problem in that the turning signals work all the time but if i move the turning signal lever a little up or down while in the center postion the driver's side brake light will not work. I am replacing the turning signal cam this weekend if NAPA got me the right part. I ordered it but did not know the part # to give to NAPA.

Long story short I know the brake light power feeds thorugh the turning signal swith.

Since you've checked everything else it sounds like a problem in the turn signal switch just like K3522's. The turn signals can work but the power feed for the brake lights that goes through it isn't making contact. While applying the brakes jiggle the turn signal lever and see if they pop on. If so that's a good sign you've found the problem.

-
Back