69 Dart drag roller on Ebay

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
bid ended at $18600. It didn't hit the reserve.

I called the seller. His Reserve was a lot higher than the 18.6k. He just bought a Superbird "Wing Car" and said he lost interest and $$ to complete this one. He bought this car at Carlisle a while back as a Roller how you see it now. Only thing he added was brakes and the Drag Radials. It had slicks on it.

It would be an excellent car for Drag week. It's a dual chassis car and ready for some serious power. I see a TT 600" Big Block when I close my eyes!

^Was he a young guy? Looking at his location and user name I think I've dealt with him before. If it's the same kid he had a Dodge Diesel drag truck that I built a transmission for. Had a set of twins and nitrous and was making about 1200 HP at the wheels. I know he was selling it because he wanted to go faster, and that Dart definitely would have done it.

my buddy just bought that car! he has 2 69 darts 1 is a pro street with a blown and injected big block the same color blue and the other is a tubbed plum crazy race car that has a koffels 512 b1 and a power glide. that combo will be going into the new dart and i believe he his putting the purple dart on ebay as a rolling chassis. we seen that dart at carlisle and the seller told my friend he bought the car there for 17.000.00.

I was gunna buy it but it is set up for a 6'4" driver. The driver compartment is almost 3' further back than any other chassis car i have seen. the steering column is 3' out past the dash. I'll post some pics to show what I'm talking about. Your head is where you would be if you were sitting in the back seat. My goal would have been to make it street legal.

This car is one of the nicest done Mopars I have seen!

View attachment Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 11.03.13 AM.jpg

View attachment Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 11.03.03 AM.jpg

View attachment Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 11.02.42 AM.jpg

View attachment Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 11.03.24 AM.jpg

View attachment Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 11.05.10 AM.jpg

View attachment Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 11.05.33 AM.jpg

View attachment Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 11.05.50 AM.jpg

^Was he a young guy? Looking at his location and user name I think I've dealt with him before. If it's the same kid he had a Dodge Diesel drag truck that I built a transmission for. Had a set of twins and nitrous and was making about 1200 HP at the wheels. I know he was selling it because he wanted to go faster, and that Dart definitely would have done it.

No this was an older guy. He said he only had 2 Cars. This one and the Superbird that he just bought.

Man he wasn't fooling around.

$T2eC16RHJHQE9nzEzNkdBQ-03lnRFg~~60_3.JPG

That car could win Drag Week,one well prepped automobile. A custom Barton wedge,if I won the lotto.....

You should have bought it so I could drive it! :)

Bueno on the 9lbs!

All good... Give me a call when you get a chance.

Dang that seat does sit way far in the back doesn't it! Whoever supposedly bought that will have a great start on a that car.

i talked to my friend earlier today and as of right now he has not bought it. he was the high bidder. but he has 2 pro street 69 darts and wants to sell one or both of them then buy the other one. he talked with the owner and he said the guy was really cool about it. my friends darts are on ebay and racing junk right now. i do not know how to attach the links though. one has a blown injected big block and the other is a square tube roller.

Hey guys, haven't been on for a long time and wanted to log in and say thanks for the compliments on the dart.
I did buy the car at carlisle and after getting it home, finishing brakes and installing the drag radials (the car had dirt track tires for rollers) I had about 20k into it. I offered it to Tony for less and hope he gets his car sold cause he has what it takes to finish it and I want to see it done. The car is built for a tall guy but a seat could be installed that would bring the driver closer to the wheel. These mods could be simple compared to trying to replicate this car. I'm sure the previous owner had north of 40k into this car.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back