69 dart front disc....

-

Youngthrill

69 GT
Reaction score
so i went to my local junk yard and found a couple cars i can use the front disc from..first choice is a 82 new yorker and the second is a 83-84 5th ave....

which one should i get...the guys is giving my spindals calipers hard lines master pro valve and what ever else....help before i get the wrong thing

so i went to my local junk yard and found a couple cars i can use the front disc from..first choice is a 82 new yorker and the second is a 83-84 5th ave....

which one should i get...the guys is giving my spindals calipers hard lines master pro valve and what ever else....help before i get the wrong thing

There is at least a dozen threads on this. The search function can be your best friend for items that have been covered many times because you can pull the best information and use it.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/search.php?

Just in case you didn't find the information on your own I found a detailed link for you. It contains the information you asked for and other information you need.

A Body Disc Brake Swap 101

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=90216

If those are your choices, it doesn't matter. Same spindles on both, probably the same calipers and everything else as well. I'd check to make sure they were slider calipers and not the pin type, but I believe both of those cars should be the slider type anyway.

Keep in mind with those donors you'll still need large ball joint UCA's (or sleeves from Dr. Diff) and new lower ball joints and bolts (LCA bolts from those cars will be too short).

thanks guys i read the brakes 101..but just wasnt sure if these doners would work...

next question the guy wants 250 if i rip everything out myself no big deal..but is there a new swap i can buy for 4-5 hundred bucks....its just an around town crusier....

thanks guys i read the brakes 101..but just wasnt sure if these doners would work...

next question the guy wants 250 if i rip everything out myself no big deal..but is there a new swap i can buy for 4-5 hundred bucks....its just an around town crusier....

On the last page of brakes 101 the information is on the very last post I made. I moved the information so it would help complete the thread. I just checked and it is still the last comment on that thread.

$250 is too much money since the upper control arms will have to be 1973 through 1976 a body only. You can buy complete sets off an 73 to 76 a body with the upper control arms for $350 and down.

-
Back