69 Dart GTS

-

mygtsissweet

Reaction score
So I cannot push down my door lock without the latch position catching all the way however if I adjust the door Striker to make the catch securely close then the door appears to be unadjusted I tried everything I lubed it up I used graphite I even went with some good old grease in there I can latch to second position using my finger and then the plunger door lock goes down and up no problem. However when I close the door it must not be going to the second position click click closes the plunger but mine only goes to click when I close the door any ideas I hope you know what I'm talking about I'm at my Wit's End though

Are you saying that you can't press the drivers door lock (inside door plunger) down in the locked position with the door open ? In other words you want to lock the door then shut the door ? I believe this is to prevent locking the keys in the car. I also believe IIRC that you must use the key to lock the doors.

It was designed that way. You have to lock the door from the outside with the key.

It was designed that way. You have to lock the door from the outside with the key.
Sounds like he understands how it is supposed to work but when he shuts door it wont lock. But if he pushes latch closed second click with door open it will lock.

-
Back