7-1/4 axle modification - SBP to BBP

-
Well the thing is, your ego or your wallet will win. If your ego wins you get an 8-3/4" and if your wallet wins you'll get a good rear quicker so you can have fun sooner and delegate the saved money torwards that 360 youre talkin about.

I like the way you think /6

I can cruise on those 13`s for a bit until I find an 8-1/4.

My ego can take a much bigger hit than my my wallet can.

i had the axles on my 65 barracuda 7-1/4 drilled and this is by far the easiest and cheapest route to go. i did it for the same reason as you to get decent wheels on it. did the disc brake thing same as you are doing. no need to worry about weakening the axle because of extra holes. the weekest point is the end of the axle where the spline is. if you are concerned than just run the original studs back in and chop them off to fill the holes. hope this helps. definetely the most cost effective approach.
Any thoughts or experience is appreciated.
Thank you[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think /6

I can cruise on those 13`s for a bit until I find an 8-1/4.

My ego can take a much bigger hit than my my wallet can.
Thanks Bob. If being young and broke has taught me anything its build what you need not what sounds good.

Steelies are cheap, if you are willing to do a little restoration on them. I bought my set $20 bucks a rim. I've already sandblasted them, now I just need to do pitting filling and paint. Don't know what the finished value would be but definitely more than $20 a piece.

-
Back