Status
Not open for further replies.

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
Contact seller
i am forced into a situation at the moment that i hate to do this, but my family is more important. i will forever stay in the mopar scene, so all id good time.

so here is the deal. you will know the car, cause i bought it from a member here. i drove a 2,500 mile trip to get it.
it is not the orig engine, but is date code correct. ralley dash. 4 speed shifts great. clutch is awesome.front bucket seats i do not think are even mopar, but do match the back seat.the car is a lemon twist car, with white buckets, and door panels. black stripe down the side and on tail panel. the engine is defenatly been rebuilt, with bigger cam, eldebrock intake, holley 750 dp that i just rebuilt. headers with new full dual exaust. you can def hear the lope of the cam. it has a 3:55 posi, but it needs new front pinion seal. engine does have x heads.
i bought the car to redo, as a fun fast daily driver during the summer. it had a driver side quarter replaced at one time..
the places that had rust................
all the places that had even a few tiny pinholes, i cut it out, and welded in new metal. both lewer rear quarters had pinholes. full with, and like 5 inches up. driver side quarter in front of wheel. 5 inch wide by like 5 inches high. that is all for replacement rust spots. when i got the car, the driver fender was almost to the point of non-savable, but after about 8 hrs, it is now ready for paint. (it had horrible surface rust, but straight as an arrow)
the car was repainted years ago, but it was a horrible job, and was just flakeing off of the car. after 20 hours, i got all the old paint off of it.
i have just got done filling a few of the dings in the car, and now need to sand down, prepping to put the car in urethane primer.
i hate to sell it, but a family issue came up today(easter of all days) and i need to move this car like by this weekend comming up. if i get through my family dilema, then it will no longer be for sale.
i have rebuilt the carb, new wires, plugs, v.c gaskets, msd 6al ignition, blaster coil, msd coil bracket,oil, volt, water temp guages.
the car is a beast. awesome to drive. the tirres seem to be like 20 years old, but i have had no issue with them, but they do need to be replaced. car drives down the road straight, and stops great

. car has fender tag, build sheet, and clean and clear title. 6,500.00 firm.
car is located in v.a. 30 minutes from martinsville international speedway
these are the progress pics that i have of the car. my camera pooped on me, and cannot afford a new one.

70 4 speed project 013.jpg

70 4 speed project 014.jpg

70 4 speed project 019.jpg

70 4 speed project 020.jpg

70 4 speed project 004.jpg

70 4 speed project.jpg

resto 3 24 10 004.jpg

resto 3 24 10 001.jpg

i forget to mention, i have a mint condition grille for the car, and also the dual hood scoops go with it

My what a sad day in virginia, but a deal for someone. Guys i saw this car before plot got it home and it is worth every penny he is asking. All the best joe i feel your pain, i got the 500 horses installed last week and it is bad to the bone, steve

thanks for the kind words steve, but you know how it goes. family comes first.

but, if it does not go by this saurday, i will still be cruising back out your way with it before the summer is over.lol

Sorry about the dilemna, hope it all works out the best for you.

Food for thought ...if you have not already done so, DO NOT add/install the hood scoops. Especially given this a real VS29H0X.

Hood scoops were never offered on 1970 Duster 340s, or even 1971 or 1972.
Hood scoops were offered from the factory, on Duster Twisters, 1970 Dart Swinger 340s and 1971-72 Demon 340s.

Your car can be put back to really nice original appearance shape. That's where your market and top dollar for this car is at, not by tacking on pieces that never were any part of a factory option. Just MHO but those scoops bring the appearance of a boy-racer-modified type of personality. Stick with original appearance if you want to have as wide a market for the car as possible.

The closer you keep the car to the fender tag and the original appearance, when dealing with a factory 340 car, the better your rate of return, when it comes time to sell.

One final question: I am in Northern VA., and I knew of a father - son pair of Dusters, one was a Lemon Twist 340 base car, and a EV2 440 (original /6) conversion, that was prepped and painted very nicely, by a shop in your area, either in Danville - or - Martinsville area. The body shop was Smith's I believe? Both of these cars have been on display at Chryslers @ Carlisle for the last 4-5 years, and the paint jobs are EXCELLENT.

Do you know of this shop, if yes-what's your opinion of their work, and are they still in business?

Take care...

i do not know this shop.
i do also have the stock yellow 70 hood for it too, and i was going to paint it at the same time as the car, so i could switch them out if need be

Man I wish it was October because we would be coming down for the race & I would snag it!

a nice deposit on the car, would get it covered up under my carport until you can come get it

and more pics........................................

resto 4 6 10 011.jpg

resto 4 6 10 012.jpg

resto 4 6 10 013.jpg

resto 4 6 10 014.jpg

resto 4 6 10 015.jpg

resto 4 6 10 016.jpg

resto 4 6 10 018.jpg

resto 4 6 10 019.jpg

resto 4 6 10 020.jpg

here are pics of all the body work done, and ready for paint..................

painted duster 001.jpg

painted duster 002.jpg

painted duster 003.jpg

painted duster 004.jpg

yes, it is getting painted yellow again right before new owner takes possecion of it

yes. i took deposit on the car. will be picked up on the 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back