-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scampin

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Never knew until recently that they made these. Supposedly sold through yearone years ago. Looking for a good condition one.

DSC04473.JPG

Year One had a couple of 'glass vendors. One was Glasstek but I can't recall the other offhand. One of the two also made fiberglass N96 and Six Pack air cleaner bases and lids. Glasstek shows none of that stuff on their site.

I'll be talking with a former co-worker who was there for 19 years in R&D on Tuesday night. I'll try to remember to ask if he can remember who did that part. They might still have the tooling even though Year One doesn't sell it anymore... but it was 20+ years ago, so no promises.

Yeah, that's when I found out that they were made. Missed out on that one. I would love to find one, looks like about 6lb difference.

I talked to my buddy last night. He didn't specifically remember the air cleaner, but he could remember the vendor pretty well. Unfortunately, could not come up with the name. "You remember Lobster. He would've been the guy." I do remember Lobster--quite a character. His shop had difficulty keeping up with demand, though. When my friend called to ask them if there was anything Y.O. could do to help them better keep to their production schedule, he was told, "Yeah... don't order so much!" :p

He said if the name came to him he'd let me know. It was one of those tip-of-the-tongue things where the more he thought about it, the more it stubbornly stayed away from the front of his mind. He was pretty sure Lobster was in GA. I'll post back if he comes up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back