70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
I’ve found that my best welds come the day I’m finishing up a project
Yeah, I believe it.
I was welding to cold and my wife speed wasn't fast enough so I ended up with big fat quarter inch thick welds. I ended up grinding most of that stuff off and tried to blend it in with my tig. Which worked fine.
Edit: not my wife. My WIRE SPEED LOL

Last edited:
Yeah, I believe it.
I was welding to cold and my wife speed wasn't fast enough so I ended up with big fat quarter inch thick welds. I ended up grinding most of that stuff off and tried to blend it in with my tig. Which worked fine.
Why you gotta bring your wife into this? She had nothing to do with it! lol

I'm at home babysitting my dogs today after there surgeries. So I work on my car too lol.

IMG_20240226_115458223_HDR.jpg

I should have done this before I put in the rocker bars but hell it's no fun when it's not more difficult . Cut those torsion bar ends off of the cross member so I can tig my welds

IMG_20240226_123533881_HDR.jpg

I bought that red 82 dodge charger from a friend that built it as a pro street car for his wife. Gene did some beautiful work on everything he did but for some reason I got a bug in my butt I wanted a chrome moly cage in that car instead of a steel cage. That car was heavy so that was probably the reason. I had another buddy 30 miles from me that did very beautiful work. He removed the cage and Tig welded a hand built cage for 1000.00. This car had.factory interior in it and a head liner. I never found one single small hole anywhere in that car.

That's a lot of work in that car. If it was mine and it was cut up that much, I would have just back 1/2 the car.

That's a lot of work in that car. If it was mine and it was cut up that much, I would have just back 1/2 the car.
Well it is lol.
This is what happens when a person has big dreams and absolutely NO MONEY.

I bought that red 82 dodge charger from a friend that built it as a pro street car for his wife. Gene did some beautiful work on everything he did but for some reason I got a bug in my butt I wanted a chrome moly cage in that car instead of a steel cage. That car was heavy so that was probably the reason. I had another buddy 30 miles from me that did very beautiful work. He removed the cage and Tig welded a hand built cage for 1000.00. This car had.factory interior in it and a head liner. I never found one single small hole anywhere in that car.
Dang that's a great welder.
I paid COVID prices for my mild steel cage from art Morrison $1200.00
Next car I do will be mild steel again but I'll use .120 thick Dom instead of the .134 wall I have.

-
Back